Louvres for rear windows

BB24

Anyone know if there is anyone in Thailand that imports/makes/supplies louvres for car rear windows? I have been looking and have never sen one for sale - or a car with one (mainly in CM). Asking anyone in a Thai car parts shop gets me 'that' look and no help at all.

post-231618-0-42244800-1446886611_thumb.

Thanks for the replies - as expected Thailand 'missed' the point - as have those who think I give a rat's rear end what it makes my car look like to them.

I would have throught that anything that keeps the car from getting to 50+ degrees after sitting in the sun for 30 minutes (and cooler while driving), would be popular here - they still are in AUS/USA. The way rear windows of cars are so 'sloped' these days (for lower wind resistance to get another 0.5km/litre) they are a huge 'open door' for the sun to heat inside the car. That only used to be a problem for Coupes (thus why louvres were invented), but now the problem exists for most sedans too.

Looks like Plan B - strip of 100% blockout across top of rear window - 95% blockout for the rest.

Probably considered an illegal modification to the vehicle...otherwise I'm sure we'd see some around. Maybe just install rear interior blinds/screens like one finds on high end car models.

I mean the police and LTD were at loggerheads over those silly foam keys people are affixing to their car exteriors...exterior louvers would blow their minds.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Never saw them here....

OR in the states once the 70's cars started dying off.....

Not sure how much heat restriction available in this climate....

If I remember the good ones were hinged to allow cleaning...Might be difficult to fabricate good quality one here with mounting hardware.....

Usually on the sweptback cars - not too many in LOS....