Public wants to directly elect PM: poll

rooster59

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bad for the soldier......now it will turn out again for PT.....it hurts him for sure

Actually its bad for PT because this way the big boss in Dubai has no control over who becomes PM if the PTP wins. So he can't have a clone or someone he trust if the public does not like him / her.

The parties will nominate their candidate.

If you are going to re write a constitution and the organic laws- everyone's opinion needs to be heard from the wealthiest to the poor. I don't know what methodology was used on the poll but it would not surprise me that a majority of people favour direct elections of a Prime Minister given the past history of the electoral process. However, a directly elected PM means that there has to be a method of nominating people to run against each other and a way for their programs and platforms to be provided and discussed. It will surprise me if the old parties are going to be allowed under their prior names with the same dinosaurs as party leaders, I believe the Thai people are fed up with all the former party leaders and are looking for some new blood to lead the country out of this morass. They may want to consider an appointed civilian PM as a bridge to elections. It has been done before. Whatever they decide, the military needs to go back to the barracks eventually so the natural order of free elections can take place.

Once you exclude former parties from running there goes democracy out the window. If you feel the people are fed up with them let them run and let the people decide who is a dinosaur and who is not. Elections should be all inclusive once you start eliminating people well that is in no way democracy. The constitution should be straight forward not full of zigging and zagging to hide elitist measures. It should be simple so that the average Thai can understand what he is voting for. I am afraid they will end up voting for a pig in a poke.

What a silly post rooster. The current PM is here to stay and that' it. He's worked hard to get Thailand back up and running again following disruptive security problems created by red shirt thugs.

Khun Prayuth Chan o cha is the Prime Minister of Thailand.. wai2.gif

"following disruptive security problems created by red shirt thugs"

and there's me thinking it was the yellow shirts blocking the streets & government buildings and causing havoc in Bangkok as well as preventing voting at the ballot box (which should have been guarded by the police/army and wasnt)......isn't this the disruptive security problems you mean?

With 64 Posts, I will assume that you are fairly new to this Forum and have missed most of the news items about Chidren being killed and Monks being beaten and Red Village loan schemes and general Mismanagement by Yingluck and her corrupt cronies in Government and the reason why yellow shirt supporters were protesting,. If you do a bit of research and keep an open mind, you will understand the comments of steven100.

I've been here 17 years mate and follow without posting too much TVF every day and am well aware of the goings on in Thailand. So your assumptions are wrong. I am also aware of false flags by both sides and dirty tricks by both sides and by corruption of both sides and by bad deeds by both sides. They are all as bad as each other without exception. I am not Thai but by my wife and kids are, therefore I support the majority of the people in this country in their decision whatever the outcome, not the entitled, crybaby few. I want to see this wonderful country prosper and develop and fill its full potential not be held back as it has been in the past. I am not biased to any government but i am of the opinion from just looking out the window and seeing how normal Thais are prospering, that during the Thaksin government things seemed to look up for the man in the street and for the country in general. The other sides have never even attempted to look after the man in the street. It's such an easy way to win at the ballot box, they should try it sometime. By the way the marches i saw in Bangkok, apart from the odd day where normal people joined in, i saw an army of southern men (i would imagine well organised and paid for) headed by Suthep causing havoc in Bangkok. Also of news items of their own people throwing grenades into their own crowd to discredit the other side, remember the day Suthep suddenly changed direction and they had videos of a blue capped guy throwing the grenade, whatever happened there? Remember voters getting beaten up by the mob when trying to vote. Remember the hand tied bodies in the river. There's two sides to every story mate and if you want a government out because of failed policies or whatever reason...campaign against them and VOTE THEM OUT! simple really. So i do my own research, have an open mind and don't fall for all the propaganda.

OMG!!! Give the population the power to vote for their leader? The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Best to station the military at all major intersections armed to the teeth. The little people want a say as to the election of Thailand's leader. That's Anarchy isn't it?

PM thumbs through Thai-English dictionary: "No dammit. It's not Anarchy. It's called Democracy. #*$&"

Edited by connda