Chiang Mai Police find Foreigner Hanged at Construction Site

Jonathan Fairfield

I suppose that some people tie their own hands so that they cannot change their minds e.g. undo the noose.

I believe that people facing judicial hangings have their hands tied or their arms strapped to their sides, so that they cannot struggle with the warders and/or fiddle with the noose. The blindfold is usually a big black hood which is quickly slipped over the head before the rope is in place. The idea is to be as humane as possible. The guilty were sometimes unaware that a good hangman could do his work in a flash. They were dead before they even knew it. Hanging was an art and a science. The drop distances were finely calculated based on weight and the type of gallows, and records/calculations were kept and referred to.

"Real" Hangmen (like Pierrepont) used a special knot which breaks the neck vertebrae in an instant. They took pride in their jobs, and rarely failed. Hangings took place before dawn, so these guys had to get up at 2a.m. and even travel quite far, unless they took the train the night before. The hangman always had an apprentice or learner with him...sometimes two.

Lynchings or amateur hangings were often something else. The rope was not knotted in a professional noose, and the victim might be slowly strangled for hours or days, by his own body weight.

Eddy

I'm not so sure I would like to have you as a friend, you knowing all that.

Over the years I ve seen quite a few suicides by hanging , never once did I find one with there hands tied behind there back . Seen quite a few homicides with the rooms fully in tact . So who knows ... But I ll bet that one guest house that will never be finished ......

Just wondering, is it common for people to tie their when they hang themselves.

If I wanted to kill myself by hanging and make sure there would be no chance of me changing my mind and saving myself... I would figure out how to tie my hands somehow..perhaps even practice how to tie them together behind my back... or fasten them in some way that would take too long to undo.... to prevent myself from changing my mind and using my hands to save myself.. And then just kick the chair out from under myself.... and go for the big long sleep...

That's what I would do if I wanted to make damn sure I do the job right...

Why do the cops here always make such a big deal out of whether there are signs of a struggle or not?

If a killer or killers want to leave 'no signs of a struggle' they simply tidy the place up. Chairs placed upright,broken glass removed etc take 3 minutes?

If there was a struggle, wouldn't there be any tell-tale signs on the body?

Just wondering, is it common for people to tie their when they hang themselves.

If I wanted to kill myself by hanging and make sure there would be no chance of me changing my mind and saving myself... I would figure out how to tie my hands somehow..perhaps even practice how to tie them together behind my back... or fasten them in some way that would take too long to undo.... to prevent myself from changing my mind and using my hands to save myself.. And then just kick the chair out from under myself.... and go for the big long sleep...

That's what I would do if I wanted to make damn sure I do the job right...

will it help you if i suggest a plastic Zip tie.

The police will try to call it suicide because then there job is done. But how do you tie your hands behind your back and a hanging scarf around your neck and climb on a chair and tie it to some thing above. Offer a reward and they will find a killer but may be not the real person!

I tried tying my hands together but it was impossible even if I used my teeth - you should try it. I then asked my wife to tie my hands together to see if I could put my head through a noose while standing on a stool with my hands tied together. Again, it was impossible. My wife then had a bright idea - why not get the police to help you.

Not sure the police do threesomes.

personal experience?

With your wife, the police, or both?

Asian, no ID. how do they know he was not thai

Report = "Doctors believe he was not a Thai, saying his face looked Japanese, South Korean or Chinese."

"his hands were bound with a black leather strip"

"Police have yet to determine whether the man hanged himself" - to conceal his suicide?

Anyway in that way must have done a reverse "Houdini" bounding his hands. blink.png

I tried tying my hands together but it was impossible even if I used my teeth - you should try it. I then asked my wife to tie my hands together to see if I could put my head through a noose while standing on a stool with my hands tied together. Again, it was impossible. My wife then had a bright idea - why not get the police to help you.

Not sure the police do threesomes.

personal experience?

With your wife, the police, or both?

It seems you are a little obsessed with other people's wives and girlfriends. You should try having one one day. A few of your posts:

"I thought the wife was handcuffed"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/863737-british-politician-makes-a-new-life-in-thailand/#entry9979075

"Dress her up in a buffalo costume and do your usual thing. Alternatively perhaps encourage her to go back to her home country if help is available there."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/860550-support-for-someone-with-borderline-personality-disorder-cm/#entry9927809

"Tell her to source her own bloody pole or you're leaving."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/855555-stripper-pole/#entry9849989

"That's all very well, but we prefer the pedophile tag - it allows us to express our latent gay prison gangbang fantasies as retaliation."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/852475-64-year-old-briton-arrested-for-allegedly-buying-sex-from-underage-boys/page-5#entry9804735

"Did you first meet your future wife in the same bar by any chance?"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/851866-what-is-getting-to-cozy-or-to-close/#entry9789036

"Best check with the GF first - she might feel three's a crowd."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/846207-ladyboy-visa-to-uk/#entry9703328

It seems you are a little obsessed with other people's wives and girlfriends. You should try having one one day.

That's quite the offer, but I'll politely decline!

A few of your posts:

Bet that took a lot of clicks - can't be easy with your hands bound.

It seems you are a little obsessed with other people's wives and girlfriends. You should try having one one day.

That's quite the offer, but I'll politely decline!

A few of your posts:

Bet that took a lot of clicks - can't be easy with your hands bound.

must be difficult for you in Thailand as there are fewer washing lines to steal ladies underwear.