Getting car washed

TheFox

Most of the major shopping malls have a car wash - they'll be expensive in comparison to the street based ones but they'll be plenty to do while you're waiting ;)

There is a car wash at the Shell garage on Huay Kaew road and also one by the Chotana Tops supermarket in Chang Puek

Several near Nimman also (Kantary Soi, Punna Place carpark, and I think Soi 17). All very cheap.

Perhaps you can call ahead to see if they will fleece you at rental place like car hire companies in the US.

Charging $50-100 dollars for "excessive dirt", ( and I read $250 for smoking in vehicle) when a car wash could be had almost anywhere for $10-15.

Most of the major shopping malls have a car wash - they'll be expensive in comparison to the street based ones but they'll be plenty to do while you're waiting wink.png

There is a car wash at the Shell garage on Huay Kaew road and also one by the Chotana Tops supermarket in Chang Puek

Yes, that's true.

One low cost place that could be recommended is near the Mengrai Bridge intersection at the Holiday Inn in Nong Hoi. The place is located inside a soi just north of the traffic light on the east side. Look for a sign with Thai writing and Car Wash in English.

They do an excellent job inside and out for 120 baht.

Courteous and efficient people to deal with as well.

There is a good car wash off of Mahidol Road in the Rimping Nim City Plaza. Take a left just before getting the the intersection near Airport Plaza. Go past Rimping Supermarket and it's the building on your left. Drop the car off and there is plenty to do at the plaza. Go have a coffee, get something to eat, shop.

GPS
497633.56 E
2075631.48 N

Google Earth
Car Wash - Rimping Plaza Nim City.kmz

Be very careful here...

About 4 years ago I took our car to a car wash at the Caltex station on the (N) bound side of the C.M. - Phrao Road for a wash. When I went back a couple of hours later to pick it up, there were 4 guys standing around it looking. When I walked over I immediately saw what happened. The person drying it used a cloth with metal buttons or fasteners on it and scratched the car all over. Deep scratches... I called the wife and asked her to come and see if she could deal with the situation. The hill-tribes who run the place said that the owner lived in Bangkok and was in Europe for a month. Not a chance of any communication with him/her. The "manager" offered us 10 free car washes as compensation! It cost 10,000 Baht to get it taken care of and it looked terrible as a full paint job would have been the only way to repair the damage completely.

That was the last time we ever took any of our cars to a car wash!

Edited by elektrified

Be very careful here...

About 4 years ago I took our car to a car wash at the Caltex station on the (N) bound side of the C.M. - Phrao Road for a wash. When I went back a couple of hours later to pick it up, there were 4 guys standing around it looking. When I walked over I immediately saw what happened. The person drying it used a cloth with metal buttons or fasteners on it and scratched the car all over. Deep scratches... I called the wife and asked her to come and see if she could deal with the situation. The hill-tribes who run the place said that the owner lived in Bangkok and was in Europe for a month. Not a chance of any communication with him/her. The "manager" offered us 10 free car washes as compensation! It cost 10,000 Baht to get it taken care of and it looked terrible as a full paint job would have been the only way to repair the damage completely.

That was the last time we ever took any of our cars to a car wash!

That's why, even in the U.S., I would stand around and watch like a hawk whenever I took my car to a carwash. Not , but close enough to avoid problems, which happen more often than you might think. Usually, just lazy sloppiness, like not wiping off the mud from the inside of the doors, but sometimes there can be more serious problems that can't be repaired on the spot.

Very good car wash is located across Chang Klan Road from the Ratti Lanna Boutique Hotel. I go in there regularly to have them wash my bicycle (60 baht, great job, always runs better afterward). While there I have seen them doing fine work on many upscale cars. Good people, good work.