Turkey and dressing lunch/dinner in Pattaya: Where to go for Thanksgiving?

Awohalitsiktoli

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tigglebitties

OK........Google is my friend.....it is on 3rd road in Pattaya. I went to their website and found some pictures of their turkey and dressing:

post-110622-0-44389300-1446976204_thumb.

post-110622-0-36073600-1446976211_thumb.

Looks like Stovetop packaged dressing, but not sure. I want cornbread-based dressing made from scratch. Still, it looks tasty. I do not see pumpkin pie.

Tigglebitties

OK........Google is my friend.....it is on 3rd road in Pattaya. I went to their website and found some pictures of their turkey and dressing:

attachicon.giftigglebitties1.jpg

attachicon.giftigglebitties2.jpg

Looks like Stovetop packaged dressing, but not sure. I want cornbread-based dressing made from scratch. Still, it looks tasty. I do not see pumpkin pie.

Looks like prison food.

Tigglebitties

About 200 yards off 3rd on soi17. There is pie.

Sportsman on Soi 13 off beach road is doing Thanksgiving. Pumpkin pie is definitely on the menu. Not sure about dressing though.

Interesting, but my guess is that the food is more "British" than "American." Somebody told me that the Hilton really does an excellent (but expensive) Thanksgiving dinner. If you ate there last year, what is your opinion? What about Pastrami on Rye, are they going to make turkey and dressing on Thanksgiving? I did hear that the Moonshine Bar (soi 4, Jomtien) will serve Thanksgiving dinner this year, and I am almost certain Rich Man Poor Man (also in Jomtien) will do the same.

Sportsman on Soi 13 off beach road is doing Thanksgiving. Pumpkin pie is definitely on the menu. Not sure about dressing though.

Interesting, but my guess is that the food is more "British" than "American." Somebody told me that the Hilton really does an excellent (but expensive) Thanksgiving dinner. If you ate there last year, what is your opinion? What about Pastrami on Rye, are they going to make turkey and dressing on Thanksgiving? I did hear that the Moonshine Bar (soi 4, Jomtien) will serve Thanksgiving dinner this year, and I am almost certain Rich Man Poor Man (also in Jomtien) will do the same.

Quite possibly...but I answered the question to the best of my ability.

Their Sunday lunch is good (though expensive) so I would expect the Thanskgiving meal to be good also, though as it's run by Brits it may not be 100% to American tastes as mentioned.

Somebody told me that the Hilton really does an excellent (but expensive) Thanksgiving dinner.

I've seen large roast birds there several times in the buffet. They certainly looked acceptable. Never actually tasted them as I'm not hugely keen on turkey. The other food there is always tasty.

It seems that the Sportsman's Thanksgiving plated meal is 625B for three courses.

Menu: https://scontent.fbkk5-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/12237933_996247780437316_1290487682115306599_o.jpg

On their Facebook page they also talk about the sell-by dates for their turkeys being July 2016.

Thanks for posting that. As a bit of an aside, I was at Villa Supermarket today and could not find one turkey! They did, however, have a an advertisement for Thanksgiving dinner (turkey and dressing and other stuff). Apparently, if you order three days in advance, they will cook it all for you. No, I do not remember the price. So, it looks like the following places will make Thanksgiving Dinner: Sportsman, Moonshine, Rich Man Poor Man, Tiggelbitties and Hilton. I am sure there are others.

It seems that the Sportsman's Thanksgiving plated meal is 625B for three courses.

Menu: https://scontent.fbkk5-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/12237933_996247780437316_1290487682115306599_o.jpg

On their Facebook page they also talk about the sell-by dates for their turkeys being July 2016.

Thanks for posting that. As a bit of an aside, I was at Villa Supermarket today and could not find one turkey! They did, however, have a an advertisement for Thanksgiving dinner (turkey and dressing and other stuff). Apparently, if you order three days in advance, they will cook it all for you. No, I do not remember the price. So, it looks like the following places will make Thanksgiving Dinner: Sportsman, Moonshine, Rich Man Poor Man, Tiggelbitties and Hilton. I am sure there are others.

Villa had about 8 Jennie-O turkeys that sold out in about a week. Turkeys have been reported very recently in Makro; assuming it is the main outlet on Sukhumvit. However, the last one I bought a fair few months back was at their smaller 'food service' location on Nua. I will be checking both Makro's manana and let you know.

Edit: the other turkey thread reports Makro has a sign apologizing for the shortage of US turkeys.

Tigglebitties

It isn't on 3rd Road, it is on Soi Kophai 10 about 3 blocks South of the junction with 3rd Road where there is a stop light. The GPS coordinates are roughly 12.916786, 100.879184.

I had Thanksgiving dinner there last year (2014) and it was a large and good tasting dinner. Both turkey and ham plus all the fixings with a couple of different types of pie for desert. The stuffing wasn't home made cornbread stuffing but it was acceptable.

I always thought pumpkin pie was a disgusting creation of parents, to threaten you with as a child or you wouldn't get any more normal food.

Surprised, Americans............hang on, no I'm not!!!

Still I'm sure most children would prefer being menaced with the prospect of pumpkin pie (or its cousin, sweet potato pie) than a parental threat of something called spotted dick or toad in a hole or Scotch wood cock, all of which sound as though they would merit a visit from Child Protection Services and/or a course of antibiotics.

Ned and Ott at the Moonshine have been doing this for years here in Pattaya and before on Washington Square in BKK. . Maybe not as good as Mom used to make but quite tasty and at a reasonable price..The hotels are usually too expensive. The best part of Christmas and Thanksgiving was always the leftovers. I may opt for the let Foodland cook it option. I can make cornbread stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, etc. but I am a little weak in the pie department even though I have a conventional oven. The other option is to make all,the trimmings and buy Had Yai chicken at Wanasin Market. The money I save will buy enough Belgian Champagne to make chicken taste like turkey. Happy Thanksgiving anyhow

I want cornbread-based dressing made from scratch.

In your dreams...the best Thanksgiving meal you will find in Thailand will be in your memories...

You could always book a quick trip home to momma...

Archived