Cheapest flights for years

Briggsy

I good tip to get decent prices for basically anything is,clean your cookies and history. They know when you keep looking at their website and the programme will slowly increase the price,no cookies and you're new customer etc.

It doesn't work all of the time,but a lot.

Edited by MAZ3

I good tip to get decent prices for basically anything is,clean your cookies and history. They know when you keep looking at their website and the programme will slowly increase the price,no cookies and you're new customer etc.

It doesn't work all of the time,but a lot.

Interesting Maz3 hadn't thought of that.

Just booked with Qatar air £422 leaving Sunday and back April with just under 2 hour connections good for me!

Tremendous price for a 6 month ticket it really is.

I was paying these prices 20 years ago for fixed dates tickets of under a month !!

I just got quoted £385 return on Etihad (MAN-BKK-MAN) 6-month return with fixed dates. The real fare for the same ticket on Etihad is £422 but with some online ticket agency called mytrip.com, they discounted it to £385.

I bottled it when I came to the credit card page. I don't know anything about this outfit so I didn't want to risk it.

I just got quoted £385 return on Etihad (MAN-BKK-MAN) 6-month return with fixed dates. The real fare for the same ticket on Etihad is £422 but with some online ticket agency called mytrip.com, they discounted it to £385.

I bottled it when I came to the credit card page. I don't know anything about this outfit so I didn't want to risk it.

IATA listed safe as houses. Used them twice before perfectly fine. As always check via Amadeus/Sabre after booking to check you are airline listed confirmed on all 4 sectors

Thanks Chivas for the information. I may have another look at this very cheap option.

I unfortunately would have no idea how to access "Amadeus/Sabre" to check I was "airline listed confirmed". I thought Amadeus was the industry tool for booking air tickets that outsiders could not access. I don't work in the travel industry.

I don't quite share Chivas's enthusiasm. IATA accreditation doesn't give you any protection in the event of travel agent issues.

Travel Agent Accreditation Benefits:
Access to IATA airline members with a single Sales Agency Agreement which authorizes the sale of international and/or domestic tickets.
Access to IATA’s Billing and Settlement Plan ( BSP), an efficient interface for invoicing and payment between the agent, airlines and transport providers.
Unique identification throughout the global travel industry with the “IATA Numeric Code”.
Use of the "IATA Accredited Agent" logo providing visibility and credibility on premises and website.
Agent staff eligibility for the IATA/IATAN ID Card, giving access to the special deals of over 1000 suppliers.
Standardized procedures to ensure fair dealings with the airlines.

In the UK, we look for ATOL and ABTA numbers. e-Travel SA are devoid of these certificates. Notwithstanding, it doesn't mean that they are dodgy. Just that you don't have the extra protection to which we have become accustomed.

Thanks Chivas for the information. I may have another look at this very cheap option.

I unfortunately would have no idea how to access "Amadeus/Sabre" to check I was "airline listed confirmed". I thought Amadeus was the industry tool for booking air tickets that outsiders could not access. I don't work in the travel industry.

Yes you can access it via "Check my Trip". Just enter the 6 Character reference from the booking and your Surname and it will list your flights dates times etc and most importantly whether "confirmed" as in your case on all Four Sectors. Only once ever was one of my sectors "wait listed" inotherwards they had sold the ticket only on a 99% basis.

When I contacted Crystal it was immediately changed to Confirmed. Always worth checking in my opinion.

https://www.checkmytrip.com/cmt/apf/cmtng/index?LANGUAGE=GB&SITE=NCMTNCMT

I don't quite share Chivas's enthusiasm. IATA accreditation doesn't give you any protection in the event of travel agent issues.

Access to IATA airline members with a single Sales Agency Agreement which authorizes the sale of international and/or domestic tickets.

Access to IATA’s Billing and Settlement Plan ( BSP), an efficient interface for invoicing and payment between the agent, airlines and transport providers.

Unique identification throughout the global travel industry with the “IATA Numeric Code”.

Use of the "IATA Accredited Agent" logo providing visibility and credibility on premises and website.

Agent staff eligibility for the IATA/IATAN ID Card, giving access to the special deals of over 1000 suppliers.

In the UK, we look for ATOL and ABTA numbers. e-Travel SA are devoid of these certificates. Notwithstanding, it doesn't mean that they are dodgy. Just that you don't have the extra protection to which we have become accustomed.

Fair enough they well have been ATOL and ABTA as well. I can assure anyone they are perfectly fine in my opinion. I always pay with Debit Card for no additional fee but you could use Credit Card for 2% to give you additional protection if you were concerned

Fair enough they well have been ATOL and ABTA as well. I can assure anyone they are perfectly fine in my opinion. I always pay with Debit Card for no additional fee but you could use Credit Card for 2% to give you additional protection if you were concerned

I have no idea as to your meaning. Are you suggesting that they have ABTA protection? They certainly do not.

Not unlike companies like opodo and eDreams based in Spain, you only realise the issue when you need any kind of customer service. No ABTA or ATOL protection whatsoever.

So whilst they might sell you a ticket without mishap, I wouldn't assure anyone that they are perfectly fine.

I'm not going to bother to post any of the negative reviews. Only to state to also beware of the possible pitfalls. If you are happy with the T&C then at least you are informed.

I have no idea as to your meaning. Are you suggesting that they have ABTA protection? They certainly do not.

Not unlike companies like opodo and eDreams based in Spain, you only realise the issue when you need any kind of customer service. No ABTA or ATOL protection whatsoever.

So whilst they might sell you a ticket without mishap, I wouldn't assure anyone that they are perfectly fine.

I'm not going to bother to post any of the negative reviews. Only to state to also beware of the possible pitfalls. If you are happy with the T&C then at least you are informed.

I cant be arsed to answer you. You obviously still have the hots for me after all these years following me around like a lost puppy.

Access to IATAs Billing and Settlement Plan ( BSP), an efficient interface for invoicing and payment between the agent, airlines and transport providers.

Unique identification throughout the global travel industry with the IATA Numeric Code.

I cant be arsed to answer you. You obviously still have the hots for me after all these years following me around like a lost puppy.

It's 'asked', not 'arsed'. But you clearly don't know your arse from your elbow and certainly shouldn't be advising anyone on anything.