SURVEY: Do you believe the crackdown on mafia figures will be effective?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you believe the government crackdown on mafia figures will be effective?  

256 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I fear any crackdown will be selective and designed to promote 'friendly' Mafia figures over 'non-friendly' ones - a reallocation of scumbags really. Since many Mafia are in the money lending business and the recent ropes asks to increase the seriousness of the offense was scuttled I see no interest whatsoever in tackling the problem. Thais are so gullible anyway I suppose just talking this bull helps politically.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see: mafia, triad, yakusa and et al organizations have existed in almost every country world-wide for many years...

And now: the soon to be family-less ruler of Thailand has a secret formula for eradicating them?

Believe me: I'm all up for hearing what that is, but I doubt it's been really thought through...

Unless: Thailand (or any country) decimalizes those things that make underworld organizations thrive - then no change is possible!

Only by: denying those originations the feeding grounds, such as illegal drugs sales and prostitution, upon which they prey, can you sever their almighty head!

That’s right: stop making everyone criminals by stifling their lifestyle choices via illegalizing recreational drugs and voluntary leg spreading and then watch the criminal empires fall!

The present Junta has done OK on this and I hope this continues to be worked on.

What nonsense, do you really believe all you hear on the news?

Were you here when the "Police" were in power? When the army got power it's payback time, mafia bosses are replaced, not eradicated.

If they would start a crackdown or clean-up on Koh Tao, the tourists would be left to their own devices, except some Burmese, who would run some of these bars on the island. Actually not a bad vision.

The mafia there have already shown they are above the law.

You won't change the Thai mind which sees nothing wrong with Corruption…

'As long as we get something out of it!

That's the finding of several Polls.

Lieing, Cheating and not being On Time is inbred and instilled.

It is pointless expecting Western Values here so just accept it.

Why would you want to live here?

I guess you don't have any Thai friends or girlfriend otherwise you would be a hypocrite.

Tor Lair or bull ...it, is all that ever comes out from who ever is running the country, from whom ever works for the state from all civil servants what ever their job, from any person where corrupt money can be made, so the initial question was rather foolish, I'll thought up, waste of time.

You won't change the Thai mind which sees nothing wrong with Corruption

'As long as we get something out of it!

That's the finding of several Polls.

Lieing, Cheating and not being On Time is inbred and instilled.

It is pointless expecting Western Values here so just accept it.

Why would you want to live here?

I guess you don't have any Thai friends or girlfriend otherwise you would be a hypocrite.

What nonsense comments, we all have a gf / be / wife or lover it does not change the fact that the country is so corrupt there will be no change in the life time of all ex pats living here, fact not fiction.