Flash Floods hit Pattaya…..again!

webfact

One of the biggest problems here is the way they lay new drains, the only time you will see anyone checking levels, is when the surveyors come down the street in the planning stages. When they lay the damn things, they just dig a hole and put the pipes in, never once checking to see if they actually have a fall that will carry the water away.

A classic example of that was a few years back they laid new pipes down the center of the median strip on Sukhumvit Rd, south of the Theprasit Rd intersection, you could actually see the pipes going up and down, completely useless, the low spots would just fill up with sand and rubbish.

A few years back now I lived in Soi Yensabi in town, they tore up the street to lay new drains, same thing there, no fall to carry the water away, complete morons.

Recently on a bend out on the Darkside near where my daughter goes to school, they laid large pipes, with the largest drains they have, down the left side of the road, on the inside corner they put in some very small drains, connected back across the road to the large drains, the really stupid part of it all, is the outside edge of the road on the corner, is higher than the center and the inside edge where the small drains are and a brick/concrete wall.

If they had put a small slope towards the outside it would have drained across the road and down to a small creek, only issue there would have been a negative camber on the corner, but it wouldn't have needed to be much of a slope to make the water drain back across the road and the corner is at the bottom of a hill, subsequently it now collects sand on the corner, far more dangeous that a little bit of negative camber, morons I tell you.

Here in Jomtien I have yet to see any run off drains to the sea in this brilliant cash cow makeover. There are pipes running parallel to the sea, but nowhere for the water to go once there. Must explain the sand bags (on new construction!), the new construction collapsing, and if you look some of the stairs from 1 level to next undermined by those silly squares they will put palm trees in. I could be wrong, however. Perhaps they laid secret pipes to the sea in the middle of the night.

Or maybe rulers have plan to make Pattaya the new Venice of the East ?