First 90 day report in Pattaya successful I think but no stamp in passport

Went down to soi five today. Fairly painless process change of address and 90 day report on my retirement visa. Provided at the standard passport and departure card copies. Plus the one gal wanted the front page of my new lease on my condo in Naklua. No problem.

One next door to get that copied, no photo required. Then she said gave me a number and sent me into the waiting area on the first floor. About 30 minutes later my number was called and I went up to the man and he said I was supposed to go up to the second floor first, to do the change of address. I told him in Thai I'm sorry the lady told me to come here.

He began processing the papers, stapled in a receipt of notification return February 6 2016 for my next 90 day checkin. And at the same time he said I could renew my retirement Visa which expires on February 16. Very convenient.

Then he told me I had to go upstairs to the second floor where they gave me a receipt for having submitted my change of address front page of my condo contract.

Interestingly I didn't get a new stamp in my passport I've got the "receipt of notification" stapled in with the bar code and numbers that says this is not an extension of stay please notify your address again February 6, 2016.

Everything seemed to go quite smoothly but I did question not having a stamp my passport. The immigration man said that all I needed was that paper that I described with the bar code on it. Again it was fairly crowded, although the whole thing took only about 30 minutes. I was spoiled by the five minute turnaround in Samut Prakan I had been previously experiencing.

Both the receipt for change of address and the stapled in receipt of notification with barcodes appear to be the important documents. Everyone was quite pleasant in the midst of a rather large and somewhat rambunctious crowd.

Speaking little Thai at key junctures really seem to make things go more smoothly.

Joe did I miss anything? He told me I didn't need the passport stamp the Embassy we'll be here input on February 5 can't get more perfect than that. I can get my financial affidavit and go to immigration for" first annual renewal of my retirement visa" the next day.

Edited by joeyg
  • Like 1

any reason why people are not doing the 90 day report online and avoid the immigration office altogether? Or mail it in?

From what I've heard and read the success rate is hit and miss. To me it sounded like 50/50 at best.

My understanding is it will only work on older versions of Windows Explorer. Some people claim to have had success on Macs only after doing some tweaking and adding" some" other things to their browsers.

At some point sure I would like to do it on the computer as well but I think there's a few more kinks to get worked out of the system. There're other problems I've heard to. And I believe there was a full discussion of this somewhere on Thai visa if you search around.

If you get any news or updates on the success rate please let us all know about it, thanks.

any reason why people are not doing the 90 day report online and avoid the immigration office altogether? Or mail it in?

If you haven't re-entered the country in a number of years (among other reasons), you can't do it online and not sure getting to the post office or some mall mailing service is a great savings in time or traffic over a 60 second in and out at Jomtien.

• Like 1

From what I've heard and read the success rate is hit and miss. To me it sounded like 50/50 at best.

My understanding is it will only work on older versions of Windows Explorer. Some people claim to have had success on Macs only after doing some tweaking and adding" some" other things to their browsers.

At some point sure I would like to do it on the computer as well but I think there's a few more kinks to get worked out of the system. There're other problems I've heard to. And I believe there was a full discussion of this somewhere on Thai visa if you search around.

If you get any news or updates on the success rate please let us all know about it, thanks.

@joeyg: It works on the latest version of IE. I've done 3 successful online reports.

• Like 1

correction : 14 days prior and 7 days after ...

I believe it's actually 15 days prior and up to 7 days after.

If the reporting date is Dec.15 for example, you must report to

the immigration office between Dec.1 and Dec.21.

Edited by Too