2nd Entry in Phu Nam Ron, Kanchanaburi ?

Hey Guys,

In 2 days I need to activate the 2nd entry of my tourist visa.

Can I do that at the Phu Nam Ron border ? I would love to connect that with a small trip to Kanchanaburi as well.

Do I need a Visa for Myanmar or is it still like I read on the forum ? Pay 910 baht at the border and thats it ?

How easy is it to reach to border from Kanchanaburi city ?

Thank you very much for your help

Max

Edited by iGiveMaximum

last time I went there, which was a few weeks after the Bangkok shrine event, they turned me around citing rules changes.

I am happy to hear that they are back to usual business if that is the case. even tho I do not have a use for that border for the next year or so ;)

it was a lovely scenic 4 hours drive.. not so lovely when you get turned around at the border and have to book a flight to malaysia the next day!

@ Kekalot

That scares me alot now.

Just booked the hotel sad.png

Why did they turn you around ?

He evidently went when certain crossings within the central region of the country were almost completely shutdown

The are back to normal now if you have a valid visa. If you didn't have a visa you would be turned away though.

On October 30, 2015, I was told that I could NOT cross the border to Myanmar at Phu Nam Ron.

I had a thai double-entry visa, and I just wanted to out/in to activate my second entry.

They said I needed to have a visa for Myanmar.

I said I was there 6 months ago, did exactly the same thing with no problem.

They said rules have changed.

I said, this is absurd, in my passport, it says immigration wants me to leave Thailand on October 30, if you don't let me out, you make me an illegal overstayer.

Then they made me wait while someone called the big boss in bkk.

After almost 1 hour on the phone, they said, ok, you can cross, like it was such a big favor.

I went to Myanmar, but this time you have to pay 200 bahts to the driver, and 500 bahts directly to Myanmar immigration.

Then back to Thailand, and I got my second entry as usual.

At the end of the day, I still don't know if we are allowed to cross, or if it was just a big favor for myself, but I would NOT recommend to try your luck.

As usual, we know nothing, and thais don't know either what they are doing.

I was there last Friday to activate my second tourist visa. No Myanmar visa required. Stamp out of Thailand and about 10m past the immigration cubicle is a cafe, go inside and to the window at the end (see picture) and tell the guy you want to stamp in an out , he will run you up to the Myanmar border for 200 baht , it is a few kilometres up the dirt road, at immigration you hand over your passport with 500 baht, the officer stamps you in an out , then back in the van down to the Thai border , you go to the immigration cubicle opposite the one you used earlier (other side of the road), fill in an arrival card which you will find on the desk/shelf next to the immigration hut. Then go to the immigration officer to stamp back in. It took me 45 minutes in total.

post-208302-0-75791000-1447158787_thumb.

• Like 2

After the post of "bluesnake" I´ve been a bit scared to be honest.

I started to make plans already to go to Poipet.

A few hours later though I saw the post of "thepoo" (thank you so much man) and decided to just try it out...

And... It worked out ;)

Everything worked out fine at the border just as explained by the guy above.

Thank you for your help guys wai2.gif

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 29/11: Went there to stamp my Tourist visa Second entry. Nice immigration officer explained me that as long as you have a valid Thai visa you can cross the border no problem! prepare 910 Baht. If no valid visa, they will not let you leave the country at this border.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

what if i do not have a valid Thai-Visa at the time of crossing

1. can i still cross the border to Myanmar and back into Thailand

2. is in this case a Visa for Myanmar required?

3. is there a fee to pay when reentering Thailand?

Thanks!

what if i do not have a valid Thai-Visa at the time of crossing

1. can i still cross the border to Myanmar and back into Thailand

2. is in this case a Visa for Myanmar required?

3. is there a fee to pay when reentering Thailand?

Thanks!

Your questions were answered in your topic.