Newbie's 1st Post

djla787

This is My First Post

What a gift this topic has been to me! I'm deeply touched and comforted by the words of many of you. It has invigorated my courage to share some of my story with you and share time with Thai Men.

I was in Thailand last year (one of many trips over the years) and had a marvelous experience. I met this very cute Thai (22 or so) and just struck it off, His English was pretty good and he introduced me to his Aussie and American friends. Restraining myself was very tough indeed. My new acquaintance and his friends and I had a delightful supper and I just marveled at how comfortable everybody was. It was very empowering to see and be a part of. Odom and I eventually had a very athletic evening. Holding him just felt so real, natural and intoxicating. I found sleeping impossible and just held him. It felt like the most natural thing I have ever done. I finally could say I want to live the life of a gay man. I still do, but, during the past year my 2nd wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. She lost one breast but the prognosis is very good. My sense of duty, ethic and a tortured childhood would punish me if I abandoned her in time of need. I also have had 5 neck and back surgeries in the same amount of time. I’m quite fortunate that I have experienced vast relief from my chronic pain. Work was at best a drag and most days I just lost any interest in producing TV shows or, some other media related project with C- mentalities and inflated egos. My desire to move to Thailand and at the very least spend a few years there is just too strong to deny or remain complacent.

What struck me about this topic at first is its pertinence. I’m 53, soon to be 54. Also, the posts clarity and wisdom. What do younger Thai men see in older men? Most of what I read eased my guilt about wanting this in my life. I’m excited actually.

I’m certain that all, excepting one of my friends will think I’ve gone mad. I know I’m not. I’m just more at ease there and, I’m glad to say, authentic.

I know this post lacks much grist and I promise to try my best to articulate but, I just wanted to start a dialogue hopefully.

Thanks and Regards,

David

What struck me about this topic at first is its pertinence. I’m 53, soon to be 54. Also, the posts clarity and wisdom. What do younger Thai men see in older men? Most of what I read eased my guilt about wanting this in my life. I’m excited actually.

The same thing as you see in him. The way to escape from your situation and to what they think is a better life. In your case, it is to be irresponsible and free from your obligations to the people who love you and trust you with their lives.

Is your real name James McGreevey? Please identify yourself if we ever see you in Thailand... I really don't want to waste my time there meeting people like you.

Edited by TopChinese

This is actually your second post. You posted exactly the same, word for word on the 29th Sept in the thread "Essay On Thai Male Relationships, And Age..". That degenerated into knockabout - this one won't.

Thread closed.