How would you rate the new MG3 ?

walkingstreet

Having owned a series of REAL MGs when I was young, I would not contemplate getting in one of these things.

What a crying shame to besmirch the good name, of an Iconic BREED of cars?

I saw a couple of these Imposters on display recently, at Big C, Hangdong and they looked like heaps of .... well you know what!

Yes I agree.

I have an MGA 1600 Mk 1 coupe.

sitting at home in the garage. A real sports car.

aussiep.....

Half your luck. I had an old TC with a home-made Fiberglass Top (it was on it when I bought it.) Later had an MGA 1600 Ragtop an MGB Ragtop and a rather rare but not pretty MGB Hatchback.

Sadly... "HAD" is the operative word !

• 2 months later...

was tempted awhile back..

after visiting the show rooms and exhibition a few times.. sitting inside.. fiddling with the cluster and fittings..

and also seeing it on the road quite a lot.. at night, in the day.. in the parking lots...

i finally decided that it didn't feel or look like a car i would enjoy... only temptation was the price. the bonus would be their turbo models..

but i've heard horrible things about the transmission...

ended up buying a second hand car :)

Can we tell the Chinese to keep this technology and swap it for the civic 1.5 turbo they will likely get?

I'm so unimpressed with the mg range they have now. How can their 1.5 turbo put out a paltry 129hp? The engine/gearbox is so poorly designed and built it can't handle the boost?