Your 2nd choice if not Pattaya?

slafriphos

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have I missed well nothing. Not the western food, restaurants, shopping, etc because that surprise surprise is available everywhere in Thailand.

Not available everywhere in Thailand.

Thousands of small cities and towns with no western food at all.

Even in a city as touristy as Chiang Rai has no Mexican Restaurant ,only one decent Italian place which is super expensive. It has a few decent burger joints and Aussie food. Shopping can be poor when looking for things western.. Chiang Saen has nowhere to buy spaghetti or a burger and lots of tourists visit. No western style shops at all.

Many areas of Thailand have no western food or shopping available.

What have I missed well nothing. Not the western food, restaurants, shopping, etc because that surprise surprise is available everywhere in Thailand.

Not available everywhere in Thailand.

Thousands of small cities and towns with no western food at all.

Even in a city as touristy as Chiang Rai has no Mexican Restaurant ,only one decent Italian place which is super expensive. It has a few decent burger joints and Aussie food. Shopping can be poor when looking for things western.. Chiang Saen has nowhere to buy spaghetti or a burger and lots of tourists visit. No western style shops at all.

Many areas of Thailand have no western food or shopping available.

Pattaya doesn't have a Mexican restaurant either that's worth it's salts.

C/R have been many times have found no problem getting western food. Or western restaurants come to that.

Don't know Chaing Saen so cant comment. If you choose to live near a town/City that has a Big C or Tesco hopefully a Makro you will be able to get most you require.

Must admit though that where I now live we don't have a Russian place to dine so you have got me there.

If you care to compare about where I ate tonight price wise with Patts your welcome to have a go.

We had two very nice large 8oz+ rib eye steaks served with F/Fries mixed salad 'other veg was on offer' home made mushroom soup spaghetti carbonara 2 ice creams, 3 cokes and a large Leo 'Don't sell small ones here' Total 459bt. For the three of us.

Now your turn to tell me where you can get a meal like that price wise anywhere in Patts. I'll be there soon and will give it a try.

Edited by fredob43

Pattaya would be my 5th or 6th choice....

Yet here you are trolling the Pattaya forum for your jollies, but dont worry you are not alone, seems there are many like you that have no clue about Pattaya but feel the need to aimlessly comment on the PATTAYA forum.

lamai beach in samui, sihanukville because of the many unspoilt islands, near cebu city or bohol island,

a similar very interestig thread-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867613-how-does-thailand-compare-to-other-places-youve-been-an-expat/

Lamai Beach 20 years ago was just the right mix of bars, restaurants, hotels, girls and farangs. I miss it. The Muay Thai ring in the center of some bars had girls and guys and their families and friends watched. Sweet. The outdoor food court had a restaurant that had the best garlic pepper fish. I have some great stories. But still writing new ones.

If not Pattaya where.

May I just suggest if you still want to live in Thailand anywhere that's at least 400km away.

That way you might stand a chance of getting a far superior life.

Having lived in Pattaya for over 8 years thinking it was the best thing since sliced bread. It finally drove me out. It wasn't only the food poisoning I got at least once a month. Or the traffic, general filth, Lack of good beach or the hold on a minute there's no mains water yet again. The final straw was a friend getting mugged and having to visit him in ICU everyday for over two weeks. Thank Buddha he's now fine.

Well there is one thing I do miss, my bank balance not going down as fast as it did there.

Have I been back in the last 8 years I have been away. Yes once if I have to every year to visit friends. Has it improved sorry not one jot.

So still stand by my original statement anywhere over 400km.

don't keep us in suspense - where did you move to ??

If not Pattaya where.

May I just suggest if you still want to live in Thailand anywhere that's at least 400km away.

Having lived in Pattaya for over 8 years thinking it was the best thing since sliced bread. It finally drove me out. It wasn't only the food poisoning I got at least once a month. Or the traffic, general filth, Lack of good beach or the hold on a minute there's no mains water yet again. The final straw was a friend getting mugged and having to visit him in ICU everyday for over two weeks. Thank Buddha he's now fine.

Well there is one thing I do miss, my bank balance not going down as fast as it did there.

Have I been back in the last 8 years I have been away. Yes once if I have to every year to visit friends. Has it improved sorry not one jot.

I wasn't keeping anyone in Suspense no one has asked.

I moved to Kamphaeng Phet some 100km passed Nakhon Sawan.

Must admit if you cant speak at least some Thai you'll be buggered, as it's the real Thailand, unlike Patts that's just a place in Thailand.

Hence we pay Thai prices and patts peeps pay tourist ones.

There's an old post about K.P.P. Has changed hotel/transport/restaurant wise since it was first put on Google many years ago, Then there wasn't even a Big C Tesco or Makro here, now there is. The rest is exactly the same. Entitled 'The town that tourism forgot'

Google it. By the globe trotting girls worth a look.

Must admit though if you think Patts is the best thing in the world you will hate it here.

No lady men or GoGo bars or Muggings come to that. You can leave the keys in your M/C and it'll still be there after you have come back from doing your shopping.

Edited must learn to spell your and not you.

Edited by fredob43

Must admit if you cant speak at least some Thai you'll be buggered, ......

I've met people who would consider moving there just for that.

Must admit though if you think Patts is the best thing in the world you will hate it here.

No lady men or GoGo bars or Muggings come to that.

I have no interest in gogo bars or muggings or "girly men" (as Arnold Schwarzenegger put it). But I would find it hard to be without the hundreds (thousands?) of restaurants of all nationalities, styles and prices that I have within a few minutes walk or drive of my condo. That's why I wont be moving to Nakorn Anywhere any time soon.

Must admit if you cant speak at least some Thai you'll be buggered, ......

I've met people who would consider moving there just for that.

No lady men or GoGo bars or Muggings come to that.

I have no interest in gogo bars or muggings or "girly men" (as Arnold Schwarzenegger put it). But I would find it hard to be without the hundreds (thousands?) of restaurants of all nationalities, styles and prices that I have within a few minutes walk or drive of my condo. That's why I wont be moving to Nakorn Anywhere any time soon.

I did point out that it wouldn't suit everyone. Must admit that we don't have the vast selection of restaurant you have there. But we do have them. We also don't have the agro that goes with it.

I only put my op in just to show peeps that there is life after Patts. Enjoy your next meal.

Edited by fredob43

Pattaya would be my 5th or 6th choice....

Yet here you are trolling the Pattaya forum for your jollies, but dont worry you are not alone, seems there are many like you that have no clue about Pattaya but feel the need to aimlessly comment on the PATTAYA forum.
i still have a place there, so i have every right to comment, so wind your neck in. I just choose not to live there full time, only for short breaks, ok?...have you banned me from this forum? No, i thought not.... next

2: Changmai but as pointed out, smog 2-3 month each year.

3: Bangkok, lived there before for 3 years, still go there once a year or so and easy to get there from Pattaya

4: not sure, somewhere in Spain perhaps.

As a married man with a kid, I find Pattaya okay for us. Haven't been on walking street for years, tourist trap.

Isle of Wight

Trans, I think you are only saying the Isle of Wight because you got chucked out

of a bar in Pattaya for your rendering of, what's that song you always used to sing?cheesy.gif

Give us a clue , what,s new pussy cat.

Pattaya is the best place sure . tried up north , totally bored .

Just back from a night in Hua Hin. Quite liked it. 2 night later was out and about in Pattaya and almost run off the road by scooter drivers with tats up to their ears.

We'll go back to HH again for more exploring. But quite liked it. Still some action if desired, but not in your face as it is here. Different strokes for different folks. But HH is still perhaps a bit quiet for us....

If not Pattaya where.

Must admit if you cant speak at least some Thai you'll be buggered, as it's the real Thailand, unlike Patts that's just a place in Thailand.

There's an old post about K.P.P. Has changed hotel/transport/restaurant wise since it was first put on Google many years ago, Then there wasn't even a Big C Tesco or Makro here, now there is. The rest is exactly the same. Entitled 'The town that tourism forgot'

No lady men or GoGo bars or Muggings come to that. You can leave the keys in your M/C and it'll still be there after you have come back from doing your shopping.

No matter how you sex it up - Nakhon Nowhere has little to offer a normal westerner...

There are far nicer alternatives if you want out of Pattaya that offer Western lifestyles - Hua Hin being a prime example...

Good luck by the way.....

If not Pattaya where.

No matter how you sex it up - Nakhon Nowhere has little to offer a normal westerner...

There are far nicer alternatives if you want out of Pattaya that offer Western lifestyles - Hua Hin being a prime example...

Good luck by the way.....

Have you ever been to N/Nowhere as you put it or just think that Pattaya is the best place to live in Thailand. Yes you might have lots of much the same restaurant but having to put up with 'read Pattaya news or Thai news daily, and you will find you will be tempting providence.

I see that there has been yet another murder in walking street over the last few days. What with that and mugging, pickpockets, gold snatching, the odd stabbing, filth, being attacked by lady boys and their high heals, leaping off balconies. I'll stop there as I think you have got the drift' You want all that you can have it.

Seen it found it done it H/Hin must be one of the worst tourist places to eat western food unless you want to pay bundles. Or think a big Mick is ok.

Cha Am has far better places to dine you can also park unlike H/Hin you need a M/C to get about there as stopping anywhere is a No No.

I moved here because it's Thailand and not full of tourists. Been here for 8 years if I ever had to move back to places like Pattaya would definitely go back to live in Blighty.

Edited by fredob43