Your 2nd choice if not Pattaya?

slafriphos

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first choice not knowing any better is a beautiful retirement home I built 8 years ago in Chaiyaphum, Phi Khieo. Last year since I am now retired found a beautiful sea view condo on Phratmnak Hill in Cosy Beach View. A new condo with million dollar amenities.

My 3 year old son goes to a private school sus.ac.th. It 1/10 of what a similar school would cost sending him to in Santa Monica. I couldn't be any happier with my variety of choices in every which way I turn.

Just returned from Issan today left at 4:45 am was at my condo by 10:45. I've been to 5 of the most sought after provinces and would have to say that Pattaya is a great choice as without a sea view it wouldn't appeal as much.

If I had to choose a second home or in my case a third, I would pick Chang Mai. As its has nice climate except for the smoke and is a bustling city with much variety.

Lived in Pattaya for years and enjoyed. It got a little too crazy and crime out of control and I lost interest in bar girls so I moved to Bangkok. I live just off the BTS so traveling around the city is cheap and just steps away. I have found a few really great cheap places to go for a beer or to drink a glass of wine while enjoying a cigar. There are lovely parks all around the city. You have great shopping malls, nightclubs and bars, red light areas, and every kind of restaurant you can dream. Pattaya is only two hours away by car or bus and with two international airports, one accessible by train, you can fly anywhere with little problem. Concerts, plays, jazz clubs, tourists attractions, the city life has just about everything you want. One big reason I moved here was the ladies, not bar girls but office and professional girls. It is so easy to hook up with a nice lady who does not hang out at bars and discos waiting to pick up a man. Forget the hookers and bar tramps, just too many real ladies, I mean around every corner they are there for the picking. And unlike Pattaya you don't pay bar fines or give them money. Great city !

Pattaya even though I live there was never my residence of choice but thats another story

Ban Sare just a few klicks up the coast toward Sattahip was the place that did it for me some years ago but now its going down the tubes fast with its own version of walking street and those council house flat lookalikes (condominions) that seem to be taking over there are making it a place to avoid rather then a place to stay.

In short I really dont think that anywhere in the LOS is right for me anymore but Im stumped about where in the world could be right for me with all the problems just recently

My 2nd choice would be Chonburi City

That's surprising. I would not like Chonburi due to the scarcity of farang eating places.

For me it would probably be Chiang Mai (though the climate there is not always ideal, what with the smoke etc) or maybe Hua Hin (though I suspect that may be a bit lacking in competitive farang eateries also).

It does not say in Thailand so Cebu City. If Thailand maybe Koh Chiang.

Cebu yes, but I'd prefer to live somewhere in the provinces around the SW peninsula (Say somewhere between Oslob/Tan Awan going round the coast up to Malabuyoc & only visiting Cebu City when I needed some "City Living".

If I had to pick a city to #Work# in it would be Singapore (tax here is ridiculously low) but to #Live# in, it would have to be Bangkok.

How big is Chon Buri City? Does it have the same attractions as Pattaya?

You can see Chonburi on Google Street View.

It is not a tourist destination and has nothing of obvious interest to most foreigners. Apart from that it's a nice enough big Thai town for Thai people.

Have lived in Pattaya for years and many other places in Asia...love Nha Trang, Vietnam...the beach, food, culture, ladies, and not nearly the bs one has to endure to live in Thailand...no comparison...

Vung Tao or Nha Trang in Vietnam. The food is better, it's much cleaner and beer is cheap. Also they have a lot of variety and not so many crazy rules about nothing in particular.

If we are talking of places outside Thailand then Vietnam would be one of my choices also.

When I moved here there were no simple or cheap options for indefinite long-term stays in Vietnam (ie retirement) and I dont think that has changed much since, though I may be wrong. Various places in India (Goa, Pondicherry etc) were also possibilities but rejected for exactly the same reason.