89 day stay with Visa Exemption?

I am a UK citizen planning a trip to Thailand. I have a return flight booked for 89 days after arriving in Bangkok. I may visit one of the neighbouring countries, Laos, Vietnam etc but not sure. All depends how I am enjoying Thailand.

I know I can enter on the visa exemption for 30 days. Can I extend that exemption for another 30 days while in the country and then leave the country and return for another 30 days visa exemption?

Thanks in advance for any info.

if you spent time out the country then i can see no problem, likewise a in/out border hop may be ok

the problem i can see is will the airline allow boarding without a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days, so i would suggest getting a single entry tourist visa

• Like 1

Hmm...I didn't think about the airline possibly not letting me board. I am flying British Airways with hopefully no checked baggage and online check-in, so hopefully they would not have a chance to deny me boarding.

They still have to check your passport.

BA have always asked me if I had a visa anytime my trips were more than 30 days

• Like 2

A outbound plane ticket to any country dated with the 30 days would allow you to board with visa exempt entry. It doesn't have to be a return back to the UK.

Cheapest "throwaway" I know: Phuket to Kuala Lumpur oneway starts at 1190 Baht.

Plus some fee/credit card maybe 1500 Baht (28 GBP).

Can be booked/printed from your desk (no hassle) and no questions will be asked at check in.

Of course you could also make a plan for for a useful trip to a neighboring country within the first 30 days.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

Op you wont get on the plane. Even the boarding crew will check at gate. Here is one plan. Book ticket bkk to hcmc. Within 30 days entry into los. I just checked random in dec. 2000baht return. Being uk you get 14 day visa exempt vietnam. Come back enter on another stamp. Extend that by 30 days. Fly back home.

• Like 1

Op you wont get on the plane. Even the boarding crew will check at gate. Here is one plan. Book ticket bkk to hcmc. Within 30 days entry into los. I just checked random in dec. 2000baht return. Being uk you get 14 day visa exempt vietnam. Come back enter on another stamp. Extend that by 30 days. Fly back home.

Doesn't the OP have a return flight?

He has return ticket but not within 30 days. Prety sure to satisfy airline they will wish to see ticket x los within 30 day window. If he does not wish to obtain a tv then my suggestion above was just one possible. Many others.

I know i always push up vietnam but he wont need a visa and airasia so cheap. Yes he could have week out say singapore etc but bloody expensive compared to vietnam

• Like 1

Hello,

It'd be your best bet to get a 60-day TV (single-entry) in UK before

coming to Thailand which allows you to stay in the kingdom for a

total of 90 days if you extend it for 30 days at the immigration office.

If not, you'll have to leave the country 60 days later if you extend your

30-day visa-exempt entry for 30 days at the immigration office. You

might then be denied boarding at UK, depending upon the airline.

So maybe you'd at least book an air-ticket from Thailand to Vietnam within

60 days of entry into the kingdom for instance, just in case you should be

denied boarding when you fly out of UK. You might be lucky to be let in

again on another visa-exempt stamp by showing the IO your return ticket

back home withing 30 days of re-entry into the country by land. You'd be

alright by air. It'd then be better and safer to come back to Thailand on a

tourist visa you'll get in Vietnam or anywhere else you go.

Again, you'd get a TV before flying out of UK just to stay on the safe side.

Edited by Too
  • Like 1