I failed computer part of Driver License Test.

chingching

2 questions got me.

The first was " Which of the following (U TURNS) is O.K.

A. In an intersection

B. ...

C. ...

D. ...

I answered "A", which turned out to be Wrong. My problem is I see U turns all the time on Sukumvhit Road at any intersection. The car may be in the right hand land, it may be waiting for the light to turn green allowing a right hand turn, but when the light turns green the car turns right 90 degrees and then right again 90 degrees. How is that Not a U turn, and how is that Not in an Intersection.

The car is going in the opposite direction and made the turn in the middle of an intersection.

The second question that got me was parking.

One of the choices showed 3 cars parked between the lines in an obvious parking area, where the cars park at a 45 degree angle to the road. I got it wrong because I marked it as Legal parking.

I think it was marked wrong, because IF you were driving a car from the bottom of the screen to the top, you would have to make a u turn to park in the stall. However the question is about parking not about making a U turn. If a cop showed up 5 minutes after you parked, you could not get a ticket for illegal parking. And no where does it say you couldn't have made a u-turn or driven around the block to park there.

There are some odd questions, you need to learn the odd answers..

I passed two tests in a row very easily first time (you need to take one for a car and one for a bike, they can't use the same) - I only passed cos I learnt what answers they want because some are bizarre and nonsensical - this website is extremely handy - http://thaidriving.info/

It is illegal to make a u turn at an intersection though, despite the fact loads of people do it.

I remember that parking question, and yes it is odd - the angled parking is the right answer for one question, and the wrong answer for another..

Practice at the website I linked to and learn the 'correct' answers.

Indeed, no way around to swot the 90 questions which the 50 questions are selected from.

My favorite of the nonsense questions is described here (the "do not pass" sign in two variations):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/732938-take-the-new-thai-driving-test-online/page-6#entry9583327

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/732938-take-the-new-thai-driving-test-online/

In this thread you find more strange examples.

Also the link to three pdf files which seem to be the source for all other websites etc.

In case of doubt always check with the pdf's.

Funny q. (post #141):

What to do when you want to turn right and pedestrians are crossing the other road?

-> start turning right and then stop until the pedestrians have passed!

Blocking oncoming lane, frightening pedestrians!!!???

Also seen in the instruction video:

car approaches intersection and wants to turn left.

Pedestrian in front of him walks straight on the sidewalk.

-> driver honks and pedestrian stops for the car to turn in front of him.

Such behavior in my country could give a good hit on the bonnet!!!

Edited by KhunBENQ

I passed two tests in a row very easily first time (you need to take one for a car and one for a bike, they can't use the same) - I only passed cos I learnt what answers they want because some are bizarre and nonsensical - this website is extremely handy - http://thaidriving.info/

It is illegal to make a u turn at an intersection though, despite the fact loads of people do it.

I remember that parking question, and yes it is odd - the angled parking is the right answer for one question, and the wrong answer for another..

Which are the answers that they want, those highlighted in bold script or those with the arrow next to them?

Which are the answers that they want, those highlighted in bold script or those with the arrow next to them?

If you make a mistake the correct answer will be highlighted in green.

.Nice free advert.laugh.png

Did you get the question about what to do if you see a tank on the street?

And yes I'm serious.

Years ago, this Tank on the road, happened in Khon Kaen on a public dirt road....thought the coup was starting in KK..

Edited by Rhys