Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Take the new Thai driving test online!

Take the new Thai driving test online!

Thailand+driving+test+example+question.j

THAILAND:-- Following the news earlier this month that Thailand has introduced new, tougher driving theory tests, Thaivisa gives you the opportunity to take a look at a practice version of the online test here.

Since its introduction, there have been numerous reports from all over Thailand of a massive fall in the number of applicants managing to successfully pass the test. Applicants have been complaining that the questions are too difficult or just generally very confusing.

And after looking at some of the sample test questions ourselves, we've also been left scratching our heads.

Follow the link here to take the mock online theory test

Good luck!

tvn.png
-- 2014-09-06

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so funny and they are not dealing with the true problems with driving here. What I find incredible is there is no test for the eyes per sae . What I mean is if you do or do not need to wear glasses when driving

No test for that just color, depth and color peripheral vision No test for how well you can see without glasses. I would assume if they tested for this accidents in the kingdom would drop.

How the hell can you drive if you need glasses but don t wear them. This is just plain stupidity nothing else.

Get rid of the peripheral vision test and test for true vision .And I know someone will argue well there are Thais that cannot read. Ok I accept that Set up a method for them to have eye tests as well with common symbols . And force Thais to use child restraint seats. This will reduce injuries it it is done.

This message is for the Minister of Transportation here in Thailand . If anyone can translate this and forward it on to this minister maybe they will understand it better

Would be interesting to send all curent drivers to make this test ...... I am pretty sure the big majority will fail as they have no clues what proper driving is .... lets hope for the next future generations

Driving in Thailand for the last 14 years. However I failed miserably in this new test.

D/L is due for renewal coming April 2015. Better pay the fine in case caught for driving without license rather than appear for the written test!

The language and pictures are a bit confusing, but a lot better than it was before. In any way, 35 years ago when I took the danish theoretical driving test it was a LOT harder than anything they have here. Besides I don't recall the test was available in anything but Danish.

I think it would be good if Thailand would toughen up the test so they could become a group-2 country (the group of countries up to the driving standard of most developed countries). Of course they would then have to follow up with som proper fines and enforcement of driving without a driving license in Thailand.

Erm... I had to take a proper eye test during the medical. Other than that just blood pressure and " Do you feel ok?" When I took my UK test they just asked me to read a number plate about 20m away. Drove around stopping at a traffic light and a give way sign, a zebra crossing. 3 point turn, reversed round a corner, identified 2 or 3 road signs and answered a couple of verbal questions on driving situations. Think there was a hill start as well and a roundabout plus an emergency stop which is not difficult with modern braking systems. Long time ago. The theory side and presentation by the police here are much more thorough that what I went through in the UK. The practical side is weak although the reverse parallel park is a bitch in a truck. Took me about 9 moves and I have been driving for 25 years.

Steve HHD

I looked this morning from another link and it is no surprise that so many fail when the questions are so poorly set out. Obviously we're reading a translation but will the Thai version be any better. And as for the little diagrams; I had no idea what was going on in most of them.

One question that I don't know: is this test only for a car or a motorbike as well?

Just had another look and Question 3 of Test 2 is an absolute classic.

Drove around stopping at a traffic light and a give way sign, a zebra crossing. 3 point turn, reversed round a corner, identified 2 or 3 road signs and answered a couple of verbal questions on driving situations. Think there was a hill start as well and a roundabout plus an emergency stop which is not difficult with modern braking systems. Long time ago.

Well let's see. Here you have to drive around, stop at a junction. Turn right, stop at a stop sign on a bridge so you can do a hill start. Turn left, park next to the kerb and reverse into a parking space. Agreed no emergency stop. Road signs etc. are covered in the theory section.

You would be surprised how many fail. but they do and that is the purpose of the test.

It is what it is and this country is also what it is.

Drive accordingly.

Taking a leaf from a page from another country with less fatalities on the road would be a great improvement, If they do keep their driving test as is, I wish they would make the diagrams a bit more legible.

Archived