Pedang Besar out/in exempt stamp for Lao National?

So few weeks ago Lao agent told my wife no SETV for Lao nationals at Savannakhet. We took Ubonjoe's advise & she went in yesterday & asked the IMO for herself.

She was last stamped out of Thailand 4 months ago.

He told her,

1: flights in/out...no problem,

2: bank statements with funds...no problem,

3: confirmed hotel/bungalow booking covering the 2 month stay...Bit of an issue.

We already have an apartment booked in Bangkok for a week which she has in her email but a week not, he said, enough. Wants the whole vacation covered.

Then he said she might get 1 or "maybe not."

We are staying at our house in Surat Thani but the house papers are at the house. I'm in England, she Laos.

Looked at setting her up on Booking.com, using the free cancellation but maybe the easier answer is an exempt out/in at Pedang Besar.

Have they stopped exempt at the borders?

Any experiences of neighbouring nationals receiving stamps at this or other Malaysian borders?

I don't want to be sat on 1 side of the border & she's told to go fly into Swampy. Be easier to forget Thailand & go elsewhere than do that round trip.

Much Appreciated any advice.

It seems they have made it more difficult to get the tourist visa but it is not impossible.

She can get a visa exempt entry at the Pedang Besar crossing but she might be told she needs to stay overnight in Malaysia to get it.

• Like 1