Recent cost to build 2.5 metre standard block fence?

Budget for 800 b /metre. If you are walling off half a rai then it should come to no more than 100k baht.

If you can speak Thai then you can negotiate Thai price for blocks and labour.

If not , find a thai to help you. Dont walk into any business premises here by yourself if you cant speak Thai.

its likely you will pay significantly more.

If youre buying land here make sure youre paying local or Thai price. Land in most provinces is dirt cheap. Alot of it is unsellable.You can't have your name on the deed so be very careful and cover yourself with good legal advice.

Tks JSW

Seems the bloody builder fancies himself as a comedian.

As part of a major renovation, my neighbours are replacing all their boundary fences. They planned (and have paid) for a 1.7 metre block fence all round - apparently for a total (materials and labour) price of 3,000 baht per metre!!!!!! . Since our two houses are very close together, I want to increase the height of that 20 metre length of fence to 2.5 m in order to provide some privacy.

Farang pricing in Mae Phim is becoming too common (seems to me the neighbours should be paying 1,500 baht tops per metre).

All agreeable to us paying the difference for the 0.8 metres in additional height - until the builder presented us with an over-engineered design with our LABOUR ONLY cost of 36,000 baht (which equates to 2,250 baht/sq m VS your advice of 320 baht). Materials estimated at another 10,000 baht.

"Discount" of 4,000 baht offered and rejected, so we looked at other options. Have settled on an interim solution to increase the wall height to 2 metres - for 5,000 baht plus materials. If that proves to be insufficient, we'll later build higher wall on our side.

Am reminded of Lincoln's comment "Too many pigs for the teats"......

Tks again.

Archived