Tomorrow is Friday the 13th....Are you superstitious?

TP1

I am.

I will not be going out of my house.

I will watch every step of mine, going up and down the stairs.

I will be saying 3 Hail Mays, at every hour on the clock.

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope to survive.

What about you?

Lets find out how you feel about superstitions.

Edited by TP1

No because today had alway been a great day (my Mom's & Daughters birthday).....

Unfortunately neither is still with us - so Friday the 13th has really no impact .....

I always took uni number 13 when available as I always thought we're in charge of our own luck department.....

No, but I have a meeting with a contractor at which I am going to rip them a new a55hole.

They should fear Friday the 13th.

I know some of their employees read this forum, bring your phone book smile.png

I hope you are not expecting them to turn up on time.

No because today had alway been a great day (my Mom's & Daughters birthday).....

Unfortunately neither is still with us - so Friday the 13th has really no impact .....

I always took uni number 13 when available as I always thought we're in charge of our own luck department.....

Read this today on Thai Superstitions

The weird and even bizarre Thai superstitions found in Thailand for today Friday 13th

http://asia-backpackers.com/thai-superstitions/

Read this today on Thai Superstitions

The weird and even bizarre Thai superstitions found in Thailand for today Friday 13th

http://asia-backpackers.com/thai-superstitions/

Interesting stuff there....good thing there's not any OCD in Thailand..That ...list would really be a turbo boost for someone that had it.....

No, but I have a meeting with a contractor at which I am going to rip them a new a55hole.

They should fear Friday the 13th.

I know some of their employees read this forum, bring your phone book smile.png

Oh, Crossy, you are such a bully to those poor contractors, where on earth did you pick-up this kind of behaviour?

I have had 2 very "Unlucky" things happen to me on Friday the 13th so I just stay home. You will not see a roe 13 on an airplane --- you will not see a 13th floor in many buildings. There must be more people than me who don't like the number 13.

It crossed my mind alright. Then I asked myself...where did I learn that it was an "unlucky" day....the answer.....from other people. Then I asked myself again... what can I do about it....I answered myself again.....by making it a "lucky" day....how do I do that I asked myself. ... the answer came to me quickly....by "renaming" it....OK I said, from now on....Friday the 13th is a lucky day for me....end of story...... Had a great day with the Mrs. in Ban Chang and then went for a walk along the beach there, all the time thinking.....How "blessed" my life is". Simple but beautiful (since the booze gave me up).

I have had 2 very "Unlucky" things happen to me on Friday the 13th so I just stay home. You will not see a roe 13 on an airplane --- you will not see a 13th floor in many buildings. There must be more people than me who don't like the number 13.

Except those born on the 13th of the month.

The day does vary around the world. In Greece Tuesday 13th is considered to be very unlucky. Just some information many people do not know.

Nor care.

Friday the 13th should only have significance to the Christians who are descended from the crusaders - basically an English/Christian thing.

There may have been some of the continental types involved in the crusades but I admit ignorance in this matter.

Friday the 13th, 1307 is when Phillipe and the Pope sacked and killed numerous Templars, though not all, and did not capture their wealth as planned. It understandably became a dark day to remember. These were all the bankers of Europe; they were gone and with them their wealth. At its heart is recalling the treachery of the church.