Red-shirt leader offers to work with Thai govt

webfact

I agree these two important are issues, but I asked for a "practical" solution. You propose civilian control over the military. How do we get to "civilian control"?

For those citing the Myanmar elections, if I am not mistaken, the military has "reserved" (?) 25% of the seats in parliament for ints own appointees.

OK, so what is a true practical solution, taking into account Thai circumstance, history, etc. Remember, their are various forms of democrac: Sweden, Egypt, Myanmar.

He said that he had no concern that his fellow UDD leaders would be angry with him for voicing his support of General Prayut.

pffft, that's because he is following Thaksin's appeasement strategy. A strategy which is absolutely doomed to fail and proof that Thaksin doesn't care about small-d democracy.

The people who really care about the future of Thailand know that the military is not the solution, but the problem and they don't try to "work with them". coffee1.gif

the most important change is to place the military under civilian control rather than to have the country under the boot of the military. A second essential change is elimination of Art 112 so that the country can actually discuss what kind of solutions they want...

After those two changes, then the rest could actually be up to the Thai people...

there are many paths, none of them seem obvious or easy given, as you point out, Thailand's current situation and history. Really honestly, I don't feel like speculating about which paths Thailand might go down. For one, it is not at all obvious that Thailand will do these 2 steps.

As I am sure that you are aware, even proposing the abolishment of Art 112 has earned people an LM charge. As for sending the generals permanently into their barracks, that will be equally difficult given the size and power of the military in this country.

But the rather obvious practical steps for both require, fundamental, critically important changes in the constitution. Changes to the constitution that will never come from the current group of military constitution drafters.... Since that is clear, then the first step is to get past this junta with a constitution which empowers the sovereignty of the Thai people; ... after that, these 2 changes may become possible.

Meet what halfway? Compromise what?

Halfway, compromise...what an absolute load of <deleted>. The people don't believe the continual lies that come from this forked-tongued oppressor.

It's the yellow way or nothing for him & his backers. Considering the army were in cahoots with the yellows to engineer the anarchy required for a coup, it's not surprising he has implemented Suthep's rantings in meticulous detail.

I doubt he is dense enough to really believe he has won any support from the people he robbed of power & shot down in the streets.

Halfway, compromise...what an absolute load of <deleted>. The people don't believe the continual lies that come from this forked-tongued oppressor.

It's the yellow way or nothing for him & his backers. Considering the army were in cahoots with the yellows to engineer the anarchy required for a coup, it's not surprising he has implemented Suthep's rantings in meticulous detail.

I doubt he is dense enough to really believe he has won any support from the people he robbed of power & shot down in the streets.

Ah! Ben Carson, hi ya Ben.

Moderators: this contributor is posting numerous things which are very / grossly untruth, and strongly divisive. Please take a look.

cheesy.gif

He said that he had no concern that his fellow UDD leaders would be angry with him for voicing his support of General Prayut.

pffft, that's because he is following Thaksin's appeasement strategy. A strategy which is absolutely doomed to fail and proof that Thaksin doesn't care about small-d democracy.

The people who really care about the future of Thailand know that the military is not the solution, but the problem and they don't try to "work with them". coffee1.gif

What is your solution then ?.

Pheu-Thai back in power with Thaksin at the helm. More massive corruption and maybe you get a bit ?.

Or a revolution where the 'Elite' get put up against a wall and shot ?. Sorry, but you are about 50 years too late. Communist revolutions went out of style not long after the Vietnam war and people realised it didn't work.

People who care about Thailand don't murder of their own people who dare protest against a disgrace like the amnesty bill.

People who care about Thailand know that the solution is a government who are not all dirty cronies who use Parliamentary majority to give their paying master a virtual dictatorship.

Please feel free to carry on 'not working' with the Junta. Everything is moving along much better without you. You will get your chance to vote for a responsible adult to represent you in due course. Let's hope you use that privilege more wisely next time.

for all your blustering, ...

who use Parliamentary majority to give their paying master a virtual dictatorship

Thailand once again has the real McCoy.... coffee1.gif

Now, once again, if you bothered to read my post, it would be obvious that I don't propose that Thaksin return to power in Thailand.... It's right there, go read it again.

And of course, if you ever understood any of my posts, you would know that my solution is a complete reform of the military with a constitution that keeps the military out of civil activities, ... political, business, etc...

But I have little hope if you can't understand the posts you reply to...

Finally, democracy, ... even in England ... is not about the government pre-selecting the people you are allowed to vote for, and it is a RIGHT, not a privilege.

Jeez, there was a good reason we kicked you guys out of North America....

YOU kicked your own Native Americans in the teeth, So before the red indians where were you from ?? ha ha ha you forgot

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

"Jamroonsak, earlier elected head of the UDD's Ubon Ratchathani chapter, was sentenced to three months in jail after a riot and arson attack on the province's City Hall in May 2010. After last year's coup, he was among the first in the northeastern province to be summoned for "attitude adjustment"."

"attitude adjustment" worked.................

The fear factor. Psycological torture works. Human Rights is vanishing day by day. No opposition to the peacemakers.

Just wondering, are you assigned to repeat and add to the posts of the last few months of lanna guy?

There seems to be a connection. Examples:

numerous items of content which are simple / grossly untruth, very misleading, very unbalanced in terms of the real situations and the well established facts of various situations, and very, obviously attempting to be divisive.

Shame on you.

Moderators: this contributor is posting numerous things which are very / grossly untruth, and strongly divisive. Please take a look.

Perhaps you could help the moderators further by actually pointing out what you believe is very / grossly 'untruth'...

OK, so what is a true practical solution, taking into account Thai circumstance, history, etc. Remember, their are various forms of democrac: Sweden, Egypt, Myanmar.

the most important change is to place the military under civilian control rather than to have the country under the boot of the military. A second essential change is elimination of Art 112 so that the country can actually discuss what kind of solutions they want...

After those two changes, then the rest could actually be up to the Thai people...

And exactly who's civilian control are you going to place the Army under? That of the last peoples elected ruling government? As in the last one the Shinawatra mafia?

So the Army the last standing obstacle (apart from the courts who's judges were being threatened and intimidated by Thaksins thugs), to the Shinawatra mafia total control you were going to place in Thaksins hands? Real brilliant solution there Einstein.

Edited by Roadman

What is your solution then ?.

Pheu-Thai back in power with Thaksin at the helm. More massive corruption and maybe you get a bit ?.

Or a revolution where the 'Elite' get put up against a wall and shot ?. Sorry, but you are about 50 years too late. Communist revolutions went out of style not long after the Vietnam war and people realised it didn't work.

People who care about Thailand don't murder of their own people who dare protest against a disgrace like the amnesty bill.

People who care about Thailand know that the solution is a government who are not all dirty cronies who use Parliamentary majority to give their paying master a virtual dictatorship.

Please feel free to carry on 'not working' with the Junta. Everything is moving along much better without you. You will get your chance to vote for a responsible adult to represent you in due course. Let's hope you use that privilege more wisely next time.

for all your blustering, ...

who use Parliamentary majority to give their paying master a virtual dictatorship

Thailand once again has the real McCoy.... coffee1.gif

Now, once again, if you bothered to read my post, it would be obvious that I don't propose that Thaksin return to power in Thailand.... It's right there, go read it again.

And of course, if you ever understood any of my posts, you would know that my solution is a complete reform of the military with a constitution that keeps the military out of civil activities, ... political, business, etc...

But I have little hope if you can't understand the posts you reply to...

Finally, democracy, ... even in England ... is not about the government pre-selecting the people you are allowed to vote for, and it is a RIGHT, not a privilege.

Jeez, there was a good reason we kicked you guys out of North America....

YOU kicked your own Native Americans in the teeth, So before the red indians where were you from ?? ha ha ha you forgot

my family is part American Indian.

apology accepted.

And exactly who's civilian control are you going to place the Army under? That of the last peoples elected ruling government? As in the last one the Shinawatra mafia?

So the Army the last standing obstacle (apart from the courts who's judges were being threatened and intimidated by Thaksins thugs), to the Shinawatra mafia total control you were going to place in Thaksins hands? Real brilliant solution there Einstein.

so you prefer the status quo of military junta after military junta and a society where citizens have no right to determine their own government and live in a free and democratic society?

please note that that is a question. you should feel free to clarify your stance.

As for civilian control, the meaning of that is blatantly clear and in every democracy, that is exactly how it works. There is no exception. None, any where in the world.

Hmmmm, .... coffee1.gif

Perhaps you could help the moderators further by actually pointing out what you believe is very / grossly 'untruth'...

technically, everything waitforusalso stated can be verified...

Lying, ... - there will be no coup, I won't become PM, elections in Sept 2015, ...

Oppressor - 800+ people summoned to arbitrary detention, human rights to free speech, free assembly, etc, denied

Cahoots with Suthep - ... well, Suthep said so, if you believe him.

Implementing Suthep's plan - reforms before elections, ... well, so far no real reforms, but no elections yet either, so there is still time, ... lot's of time...

Robbed of power - coup, check... That one's true.

Shot down in the streets - he was the general in charge during 2010 and the courts have determined several of the shootings to have been done by the military. According to reports during the 6 day assault in May 2010, over 50 people died and one was a soldier killed by friendly fire...

Although Scorecard also has a point, stating the truth about the current self-appointed "PM" is strongly divisive.... cheesy.gif

Awww! Crying to mummy eh? Pathetic.

Instead of throwing a wobbly why don't you explain which of my comments you think are 'grossly untruth' [sic]?

Isn't it amusing how the yellow venom spitting snakes can't handle it when the shoes on the other foot? Truth hurts eh?