13 people caught gambling at East Pattaya house

webfact

13 people caught gambling at East Pattaya house

gamble-3.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- A total of 13 people were caught playing cards for money at a house in the Pong area on Thursday afternoon.

A team of District Officers and Army personnel, were made aware of the illegal gathering and assembled a team to visit the house where the 13 people were detained and a small quantity of cash and a deck of cards were seized as evidence.

The 4 men and 9 women were later transferred to Nongprue Police Station for processing where they revealed to Investigators that they would play at the same location for between 3 and 4 days and would then re-locate in order to avoid capture by the authorities.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219064/13-people-caught-gambling-at-east-pattaya-house/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-13

Meanwhile, there are unlicensed children riding motorcycles at high speed thru the streets and dying. Cops don't care. No money to collect. But gamble with 30 baht and they will be there to collect for the get out of jail card.

Every Thai knows you have to pay the cops upwards of 40,000 baht a month to run a card game on private property.

You dont pay then you get busted. My ex gf got caught up in a police raid. She had just won 2000 b on the street lottery and went off to a card game got busted and fined....yep you guessed it....fined 2k. Easy come easy go.

The cops wont stop idiots from riding bikes at high speed on the foot paths or busting connected drug dealers.

The cops in Thailand are probably one of the most corrupt and disliked rabbles in the world.

Edited by jalansanitwong

A while ago, a mate's GF and 3 friends were playing cards in her small apartment for 1 baht a point - maximum pot was 20 baht. Harmless bit of fun to pass the time. Suddenly, 10 cops - yep 10 of these giants among men - burst through the windows, broke the door, and rounded them up. The four ladies, harmless people, all had to spend the night in Thung Mahamek cells - 1k baht fine the next day. For 20 baht.

People illegally betting 1000s of Baht on Mui Thai and Chicken fights, all the illegal prostitution, all the drunk driving .... but that they go after is people playing cards for 5-10 Baht!

Well, this lot were clearly hardened mafia types and big-time gamblers: I can see at least 50Baht in that basket, possibly even 60B.

A while ago, a mate's GF and 3 friends were playing cards in her small apartment for 1 baht a point - maximum pot was 20 baht. Harmless bit of fun to pass the time. Suddenly, 10 cops - yep 10 of these giants among men - burst through the windows, broke the door, and rounded them up. The four ladies, harmless people, all had to spend the night in Thung Mahamek cells - 1k baht fine the next day. For 20 baht.

Such a heinous crime indeed.

I used to play nickel ante in the US with some cousins & friends as a teenager. I'd usually win too! I think my best ever take was about $15 of quarters, dimes & nickels.

I once stumbled upon a few of my Army buddies in the middle of a game, pretended like I had never played 5 card draw before (they bought my story hook, line & sinker), and cleaned them out to the tune of about $30 clap2.gifcheesy.gif .

It too was all in change. Harmless fun.

Gambling never really interested me though.

I was working a few hours drive from Vegas once & decided to check the place out one weekend. I got there, ordered a drink, and started playing computer poker 5 card draw at the bar, quarter ante......figured I was pretty good at this shit ya know?

I lost my $20 worth of quarters in about 5 minutes, if that. The entire place (Circus Circus) sounded like a thousand little kids banging on a toy piano all at once as well. I utterly hated the place & left first thing the next day.

Haven't gambled since.

Some folks do seem to love it though, for reasons I will never fathom.

My Ex would play cards until she died if given the chance. Not to mention borrowing and thieving..........I have a very negative attitude towards gambling.....It might at the surface seem fine.....but to a lot of these people its damnation.

Edited by NickJ

My Ex would play cards until she died if given the chance. Not to mention borrowing and thieving..........I have a very negative attitude towards gambling.....It might at the surface seem fine.....but to a lot of these people its damnation.

I think that certain types of people are strongly attracted to gambling whilst others are not. The ones that are attracted also tend to be the types that steal and borrow. It's all the same character deficiency. I also think that the same types of people are more inclined to overindulge in drugs or drink.

For people who know how to stop, gambling and alcohol and drugs are not a problem.

Every Thai knows you have to pay the cops upwards of 40,000 baht a month to run a card game on private property.

Maybe in your area but it does not apply to every Thai, and that is a fact.

Yea, I played card with 2 police officers and a vice governor once here in Thailand, that was before anyone told me that it's illegal! happy.png