Triple Entry Visa

Can someone explain how a triple entry visa works as after calling the Thai Consulate in the Uk i was told the Visa started from the day it is issued in the UK and I must use the Visa within 6 months .So if it is issued on DEC1 in th UK would I have to use the 3rd entry before 1st MAY

Am I confused !!!

This says to me I have 60 days to enter Thailand from issue date in the UK but in the extract below it implies that I have 90 days to enter Thailand.

EXTRACT FROM THAI VISA APPLICATION

TOURIST VISA . THIS ALLOWS A STAY OF UPTO 60 DAYS FROM ARRIVAL IN THAILAND AN EXTENSION OF UPTO 30 DAYS CAN BE OBTAINED ON APPLICATION TO THE IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES AND PAYMENT OF THE CURRENT FEE. THE LENGTH OF EXTENSION IS AT DISCRESION OF THE AUTHORITIES AND THERE IS AN INCREASING TENDENENCY FOR IT TO BE LIMITED TO 15 DAYS OR EVEN LESS.

THIS IS CLASSIFIED AS A SINGLE ENTRY AND THE TOURIST HAS TO ARRIVE IN THAILAND WITHIN 90 DAYS OF THE DATE OF ISSUE OF THE VISA BY THE CONSULATE FOR DOUBLE ENTRY VISAS ETC THE PERIOD IS DOUBLED.

THE COST IS £25.00 PER ENTRY IE. SINGLE £25 DOUBLE £50 TREBLE £75 ETC.

thanks for any replies.

On my fingers six months from Dec 1 would be June 1.

You can enter Thailand at any time up until June 1 - up to 3 times. An entry will result in a permitted to stay stamp allowing a 60 day stay. That stay can be extended by immigration for another 30 days if they allow.

You can enter Thailand at any time up until June 1 - up to 3 times. An entry will result in a permitted to stay stamp allowing a 60 day stay. That stay can be extended by immigration for another 30 days if they allow.

Yes you are quite right June 1st is the correct date but I am trying to find out why the 6 months appears to start in the uk from date of issue rather than on the 1st entry into thailand

There are two worrisome statements in this thread both pertaining to a 30 day extension "IF THEY ALLOW".

Please, if anyone has futher details about this I really would like to know. Later this month I'll be applying for a 30 day extension and I'm not interested in paying 1,900 baht for anything less.

Why would they refuse a 30-day extension, and why would they give less than 30 days?

Yes you are quite right June 1st is the correct date but I am trying to find out why the 6 months appears to start in the uk from date of issue rather than on the 1st entry into thailand

That's the way tourist visas work for most countries. They are valid from the issue date. It's up to you when you decide to use it within the 6 months vailidity period.

They've given you a 6 month visa that allows you to enter Thailand only 3 times in a 6 month period.