At least 10 people were injured as a mob blocks a road to Krabi airport

rooster59

At least 10 people were injured as a mob blocks a road to Krabi airport

263-wpcf_728x410.jpg

KRABI: At least ten people were slightly injured in a clash Friday between a group of land encroachers and motorists trying to get through the encroachers’ road block to the Krabi airport.

The encroachers have been occupying a oil palm plantation in Tambon Krabinoi, Muang district of Krabi belong to a company whose concession has expired. They started blocking the road leading to the airport to demand the government to grant them the right to use the plantation land.

The road blockade however prevented several motorists wishing to travel to the airport leading to a confrontation and eventual fight between the two groups of people.

Police and crowd control forces were later rushed to the scene to prevent the encroachers from getting to the airport.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/at-least-10-people-were-injured-as-a-mob-blocks-a-road-to-krabi-airport

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-13

"Police and crowd control forces were later rushed to the scene to prevent...."

This is the first time I have seen "rushed" and "prevent" used in the same sentence as "Police". More common is "the mob" and Police

Of course "later" and "Police" appear quite frequently in many reports, so as expected, the implication of this incident is again that the Police were late and had to rush ............. and I expect that the guests of Thailand hoping to catch their flight also had to rush....... taking more exotic memories with them. Perhaps we can catch up with them on the next episode of "Holidays in Hell".

"Police and crowd control forces were later rushed to the scene to prevent...."

This is the first time I have seen "rushed" and "prevent" used in the same sentence as "Police". More common is "the mob" and Police

Of course "later" and "Police" appear quite frequently in many reports, so as expected, the implication of this incident is again that the Police were late and had to rush ............. and I expect that the guests of Thailand hoping to catch their flight also had to rush....... taking more exotic memories with them. Perhaps we can catch up with them on the next episode of "Holidays in Hell".

I would wager that the police were more than late, they were deliberately absent, fearful of the mob and their backers, seeing their duty here as a total no-win no-profit enterprise and hoping the whole thing would just disappear of its own accord.

This mob is much worst the the young lady being called to the police station and charged with cyber crimes. These action should carry a much heavier fine and jail time. They have no respect for the law and showed it by force. Time to determine why one little cyber crime is worst the a mob road block with people injured.

It never ceases to amaze me how Thais believe they have the right to set up homes or businesses wherever they like without paying a satang, while honest people have to work hard to pay rent for their business or home. And when the law belatedly makes a stand they act like the injured party. They are not. They are trespassers and should have been dealt with at the outset. Try doing the same as these people anywhere in the real world and see how long before the authorities arrive.

Archived