Multivitamin recommendation from iHerb

h90

Just wanted to buy some Multivitamin tablets, but they have hundreds of different products.

Anyone can recommend one, so I don't need to read it all?

Some general purpose Multivitamin for someone who don't eat much fruits or vegetables....

People who eat vitamin tablets die younger than those who don't. Just saying.

You've already said it so why the need to add "just saying"? What are you 15?

You're clearly unaware that the phrase "just saying" means that the user is indicating that he/she is unwilling to defend the claim made. In this case, I can't be arsed to look up the relevant sources. Try keeping up with developments in the language. It'll save you a lot of time posting pointless drive.

You're clearly unaware that the phrase "just saying" means that the user is indicating that he/she is unwilling to defend the claim made. In this case, I can't be arsed to look up the relevant sources. Try keeping up with developments in the language. It'll save you a lot of time posting pointless drive.

It's just urban trash used by teenagers who wear their caps sideways.

It's just urban trash used by teenagers who wear their caps sideways.

Ah! More pointless drivel. Get a life.

Ah! More pointless drivel. Get a life.

The pointless drivel is "just saying", said by people who think they need to ape every idiom and expression that comes out of America, but hey, if it make you feel hip go for it.

Fruit and vegetables are important for more than just their vitamin and mineral content.

yes I try to force feed some fruits and vegetables into myself....but there are days I forget (and I really hate the green stuff) and some vitamin supplement is sure better than nothing.

I like the Alive multivitamins and, assuming that they do contain all of the ingredients on the label, they provide everything that I need. I don't mind eating vegetables but I don't like to eat a lot of fruit. The vitamins are better than nothing. There are lots of varieties of Alive on the iHerb site so you can choose what suits you. I sometimes use Vitacost knockoff of Alive called Viva. Both good in my estimation.

if I don't eat fruits and vegetables and no vitamin tablets I'll die much younger....

Attached some info on vitamin supplements for your perusal.............also take a look look at the "Swisse" range of multivits, probably one of the best out there.

SOME PEER REVIEWED RESEARCH ON VITAMIN C.doc

The use of vitamin supplements.doc

Edited by Crossy
One attachment containing personal details removed.

Fruit and vegetables are important for more than just their vitamin and mineral content.

yes I try to force feed some fruits and vegetables into myself....but there are days I forget (and I really hate the green stuff) and some vitamin supplement is sure better than nothing.

And there days I forget, what to take a pill, what a lame excuse!!!

rice555

And there days I forget, what to take a pill, what a lame excuse!!!

rice555

I don't think I have to excuse myself for what I do.

if I don't eat fruits and vegetables and no vitamin tablets I'll die much younger....

Attached some info on vitamin supplements for your perusal.............also take a look look at the "Swisse" range of multivits, probably one of the best out there.

Any references to these two interesting articles, please?

Quote: "And another train of thought >>> http://www.theguardi...isease-research

Sorry Ravip, I have had these articles for a few years now and can't remember from whence they came, however some time spent on Google might turn up something?

As regards the article in the Guardian, it has been known for a few years that doses of beta-carotene well above the recommended daily allowance can be bad for you and some of those results can be seen here: – http://www.nutri-facts.org/eng/carotenoids/beta-carotene/safety/

There is so much on the Internet with regards to this subject, and whenever one "trial" is evaluated and published saying one thing, another thing pops up which says the opposite!

It should also be remembered that every day food items taken in excessive quantities can also cause health problems (caffeine, chocolate, sugar, corn syrup, soya milk, cured meats etc etc etc) however I come from the perspective of the "balanced diet" which is no longer relevant considering what is added to the food, and also my own diet, when deciding upon supplements.

A point in question might well be that I very rarely eat fresh fruit and this year I will have eaten one piece of fish only and on top of that I drink alcohol, so perhaps it is in the best interests of one's health to determine exactly what one is eating and what one is missing out on before taking a supplement.

Quote: "And another train of thought >>> http://www.theguardi...isease-research

Sorry Ravip, I have had these articles for a few years now and can't remember from whence they came, however some time spent on Google might turn up something?

As regards the article in the Guardian, it has been known for a few years that doses of beta-carotene well above the recommended daily allowance can be bad for you and some of those results can be seen here: – http://www.nutri-facts.org/eng/carotenoids/beta-carotene/safety/

There is so much on the Internet with regards to this subject, and whenever one "trial" is evaluated and published saying one thing, another thing pops up which says the opposite!

It should also be remembered that every day food items taken in excessive quantities can also cause health problems (caffeine, chocolate, sugar, corn syrup, soya milk, cured meats etc etc etc) however I come from the perspective of the "balanced diet" which is no longer relevant considering what is added to the food, and also my own diet, when deciding upon supplements.

A point in question might well be that I very rarely eat fresh fruit and this year I will have eaten one piece of fish only and on top of that I drink alcohol, so perhaps it is in the best interests of one's health to determine exactly what one is eating and what one is missing out on before taking a supplement.

Thank you Xylophone.

Yes, I will try Google as you suggested.

Ravip........look at this video link and see what you think. Please bear in mind that the treatment that this farmer was being given was as a result of his family's insistence when the medical fraternity had said "no way".

Also take note of the fact that when the dosage was lowered purposely by the medical staff, without the knowledge of his family, his condition deteriorated markedly, and when they found out about this they put the dosage back up to the very high dose it was previously and he started to make progress again.

He was given up for dead and there was absolutely no way that he could recover according to the doctors, who wanted to turn off his life support.

There have also been other cases like this, so this is not an isolated incident.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh70sx_60-minutes-scoop-on-new-zealand-farmer-vit-c-miracle_tech

h90,

On 11/05/2015, I placed an order with iherb.com.

On 11/18/2015, it was delivered to my home in CHA-AM.

Thirteen days ($4 shipping) from Los Angeles to CHA-AM is AWESOME.

GOOD LUCK.....

ordered several times, some time faster some time slower, but without having records I think it was mostly faster than 13 days.

It tells estimate delivery 27 Nov-28 Dec

3 items, one big and heavy.

Shipping 4 USD....I don't know how they do that. I thought the 4 USD are just for 1 small items but no 3 and one has 270 Gram....I am impressed (and I am an old cynic who always finds something to complain laugh.png )

Ravip........look at this video link and see what you think. Please bear in mind that the treatment that this farmer was being given was as a result of his family's insistence when the medical fraternity had said "no way".

Also take note of the fact that when the dosage was lowered purposely by the medical staff, without the knowledge of his family, his condition deteriorated markedly, and when they found out about this they put the dosage back up to the very high dose it was previously and he started to make progress again.

He was given up for dead and there was absolutely no way that he could recover according to the doctors, who wanted to turn off his life support.

There have also been other cases like this, so this is not an isolated incident.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh70sx_60-minutes-scoop-on-new-zealand-farmer-vit-c-miracle_tech

Thank you Xylophone for the very interesting link.

Yes, it seems this Vit C therapy is promising.

http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/vitamin-c-pdq

Stick them in the liquidizer with a couple of spoons of sugar and some Nestle chocolate powder.

They all taste good then!

Stick them in the liquidizer with a couple of spoons of sugar and some Nestle chocolate powder.

They all taste good then!

I have neither sugar nor Nestle products at home (as long as I know, I think there is some sugar from trying to brew wine somewhere): Feel free to call me a fanatic, but both me and my wife don't like sweet and never use sugar or honey. (Or Nestle products)

• 1 month later...

This from ConsumerLab.com..........

Fewer heart disease deaths amongst multivitamin users -- Multivitamin-mineral users were 35% less likely to die of heart disease than non-users over a period of about 20 years. The apparent benefit was greater for certain people and depended on the type of multi. For more details see the Multivitamin and multi mineral review"

To read the full review you need to visit the ConsumerLab.com Website as the full review is copyright protected.

Edited by xylophone

This from ConsumerLab.com..........

Fewer heart disease deaths amongst multivitamin users -- Multivitamin-mineral users were 35% less likely to die of heart disease than non-users over a period of about 20 years.

Yet the preceding sentence (which is a pain to access) reads:

There is little evidence from clinical trials showing that a specific multi can reduce the risk of dying from cardiovascular disease, cancer, or any other cause.

This is yet another quack site using pseudoscience (or intellectual deceit) to promote the sale of snake oil remedies.

The conclusion from the previous sentence, however, that there is absolutely no point in taking multivitamin tablets, is spot on.