Knee Pain

canthai55

Sheryl,

You are correct. It is a specific written report I'm seeking.

Unfamiliarity and fear are endemic in this culture.

Nevertheless, it's unacceptable from an International hospital.

Ive been diplomatic over the last number of weeks but next week I'll be confrontational and that I already know will create more intrepid fear, anguish, confusion, face saving, and ultimately further delay.

well sounds to me, like your as active as you need to be, so i'm doubting your needing the TKR, but i guess, that wasn't your question.

i would suggest not using the aspirin and NSAIDs(naproxen), as your going to be prone to GI bleeding. the evidence, is fluid on paracetamol vs. the NSAIDs, many say the NSAIDs work directly on the inflammation, so therefore better for the OA, however, I'm pretty sure the risk/benefit is less with regular paracetamol use, though the 'efficacy' for neither is ideal. , they recommend paracetamol as "1st line".

maybe you could at least alternate the paracetamol in, if you must take NSAIDs.

sounds like the way you hurt yourself initially, could have some ligaments involvement, but if your joint space on xray isn't great, then probably doubtful, arthroscopy is going to help. though, sometimes they do unicompart TKRs, or here this thing called Makoplasty , which i'm interested in myself (joint resurfacing).

if your looking for a final solution, then maybe do the TKR now, as the components, last a lot longer than they use to, the risk, was always, have to do a revision at age 80 or something, when you might not be a candidate 2' Diabetes or heart problems, etc

well sounds to me, like your as active as you need to be, so i'm doubting your needing the TKR, but i guess, that wasn't your question.

Thanks. I do OK walking for an hour, if frequent breaks are taken. My concern if for the long term prognosis.

Will check with the Doctor above, Spend the 8K or whatever for an MRI. Can't have too much info.

All posters - many thanks for your assistance.

Thanks. I do OK walking for an hour, if frequent breaks are taken. My concern if for the long term prognosis.

Will check with the Doctor above, Spend the 8K or whatever for an MRI. Can't have too much info.

All posters - many thanks for your assistance.

If you go to the MRI place that Dr Chanakarn recommends they are very good.

Not only that their MRI reports are quite extensive, no one liners mine was a page and half long detailing everything seen on the MRI. It will be the best 8,000 you've spent and you will have lots of answers, good or bad.

If you go to the MRI place that Dr Chanakarn recommends they are very good.

Not only that their MRI reports are quite extensive, no one liners mine was a page and half long detailing everything seen on the MRI. It will be the best 8,000 you've spent and you will have lots of answers, good or bad.

Appreciate the heads-up. Will go tomorrow. Nice and close to DLT so kill 2 birds with one stone.