Tourist Police Arrest A Danish And Swede Tourist And Two Thai Men Accused Of Smoking Marijuana On Pattaya Beach.

britmaveric

Tourist Police arrest a Danish and Swede Tourist and two Thai Men accused of smoking Marijuana on Pattaya Beach.

05_10_4_5.jpg

05_10_4_3.jpg

It was a busy Wednesday night for the Tourist Police based on Walking Street. Police Captain Chirawat, the Senior Officer in charge of the Walking Street unit was on routine patrol along Pattaya Beach when he noticed four men, two foreigners and two Thai man smoking what he believed to be Marijuana.

Undercover Officers approached the four men and noticed an odor consistent with smoking Marijuana. The four were detained and searched which uncovered a quantity of the class 5 drug Marijuana and two tablets which Police believe to be a sex enhancement drug. Police took the men back to the Tourist Police mobile unit based on Walking Street and prepared the charge sheets before the four were taken to Pattaya Police Station where they were formally charged with possession of a class 5 drug.

Mr. Kim Peter Borup aged 47 from Denmark, Mr. Forsten aged 40 from Sweden, Khun Sutat aged 33 and Khun Saipong aged 31 were all locked up in preparation for their Thursday Morning court appearance.

-Pattaya City News

Thursday 5th October 2006

Tourist Police arrest a Danish and Swede Tourist and two Thai Men accused of smoking Marijuana on Pattaya Beach.

05_10_4_5.jpg

05_10_4_3.jpg

It was a busy Wednesday night for the Tourist Police based on Walking Street. Police Captain Chirawat, the Senior Officer in charge of the Walking Street unit was on routine patrol along Pattaya Beach when he noticed four men, two foreigners and two Thai man smoking what he believed to be Marijuana.

Undercover Officers approached the four men and noticed an odor consistent with smoking Marijuana. The four were detained and searched which uncovered a quantity of the class 5 drug Marijuana and two tablets which Police believe to be a sex enhancement drug. Police took the men back to the Tourist Police mobile unit based on Walking Street and prepared the charge sheets before the four were taken to Pattaya Police Station where they were formally charged with possession of a class 5 drug.

Mr. Kim Peter Borup aged 47 from Denmark, Mr. Forsten aged 40 from Sweden, Khun Sutat aged 33 and Khun Saipong aged 31 were all locked up in preparation for their Thursday Morning court appearance.

-Pattaya City News

Thursday 5th October 2006

1. Quite stupid of these guys......

2. But, I wonder where the police is on 'routine control' when tourists are beaten up and robbed along Pattaya Beach in the evening/night.... :D

3. The same counts for the so called 'undercover Officers' :o

TIP (This Is Pattaya)

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Pattaya's name was bad way before they got there. I guess when they get 10 years for this, someone will come out of the wood works saying " its too much". Never ceases to amaze me, what a bunh of idiots. this is not Holland :o ( p.s. I lived there too, so I know how holland looks at this )

It never ceases to amaze me that people seem to believe that they can flaut laws in Thailand that are no different from their home countries. Be it dope or crash helmets, or whatever. The old story is they get off the plane in Bangkok and leave their brains in left luggage for the duration of their stay.

<deleted>.

It never ceases to amaze me that people seem to believe that they can flaut laws in Thailand that are no different from their home countries. Be it dope or crash helmets, or whatever. The old story is they get off the plane in Bangkok and leave their brains in left luggage for the duration of their stay.

<deleted>.

you can toke a dubie in many places with less than a slap on the wrist as a penalty.

It is no worse than drinking a beer IMHO

Edited by Vespa

<deleted>.

Quite!.

Banging da weed in public is a no no. In MOST countries, so why do it here?.

"Engage brain before activity".

One suspects that after the court case the holiday funds will be sadly depleted.

John, are you an Aberdonian (your avatar)?. Must get together for sesh sometime.

Cheers,

Couthy.

Pattaya's name was bad way before they got there. I guess when they get 10 years for this, someone will come out of the wood works saying " its too much". Never ceases to amaze me, what a bunh of idiots. this is not Holland :D ( p.s. I lived there too, so I know how holland looks at this )

10 years?? More like 10 days... :o

Thailand (and every other country) should legalize marijuana. It's a relatively harmless substance (much less harmful than cigarettes and alcohol, which *are* legal). It makes people happy unlike booze, which is a depressant and causes men to beat their wives.

Plus, the government could put a tax on it and make money. All criminalizing marijuana does is create more law-breakers and clog up the courts which should be used for crimes where there are victims.

Regardless of my liberal views on this, these guys should have known better, and ignorance is no excuse. They should be prepared to receive punishment for breaking Thai drug laws, no matter how unjust they may be.

Edited by Hobgoblin