Reasonably well located hotel for property hunt visit (Mae Hia)

SooKee

Last minute decision to fly out to CM tomorrow to look at some locations to rent from next year. We will likely be looking around the Mae Hia area, at least as a starter.

Just about to hit Trip Advisor etc. Are there any reasonably nice, modern, hotels in the Mae Hia area and would that be a well placed area to base ourselves in for looking around? Not that much interested in night life / bars on this trip as it will mostly be up early and out to look around, not to get loaded on booze.

Good wifi would be a plus together with clean and modern rooms. Pool would be a bonus. Not bothered if it has a restaurant as we'll mostly eat out.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Depends on if you want a 'nice hotel' or just a room to use to sleep in while you hunt.. Theres a selection of really cheap hotels on canal rd, down to 400 ish a night, that allow great access out to mae hia and the city..

As for moobaans.. Many.. Kind of depends on if you want larger plots, more of less quiet.. more or less access.. etc.. I really do like Baan wang taan (airplane noise though) for its style and the way they are not cookie cutter homes.. Lanna pinery or further out home in park... I tend to like more peaceful places than needing access..

World club land has less space, but better access and theres some really nice big places deep in..

Cheers for info. I'm with the girlfriend so I'd like a hotel that's a bit more than a crash pad for the night but it doesn't need to be a 4-5* resort with facilities you only use if hanging round the hotel every day. Will have a look at Vdara. Also been recommended a place called Little Village that I've mailed. Friend of the gf recommended Sakorn Residence.

For us peaceful is better too. We'll drive when we need to. Will consider Baan Wang Taan. Would have to watch the aircraft noise though. Doesn't fit the bill of peaceful for me if it's too regular and intrusive. Will check out Lanna Pinery too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't exactly trust trip advisor they have signs up every where.

As for a place to stay I have no idea, I just know that it is high season and I was talking to the manager the other day and he said he was booked up for two months. Japanese tourists. I am sure the hotels are there but you might want to send them an e mail and hopefully they can get back to you. You might have o broaden your search.

I wouldn't exactly trust trip advisor they have signs up every where.

As for a place to stay I have no idea, I just know that it is high season and I was talking to the manager the other day and he said he was booked up for two months. Japanese tourists. I am sure the hotels are there but you might want to send them an e mail and hopefully they can get back to you. You might have o broaden your search.

Very strange time of the year for Japanese tourists to be traveling... They usually travel during the Obon holidays, Golden Week holidays, and for 3-4 days around New Years. Otherwise, except for retirees and some students, the rest are working.