Ideas Wanted. Simple Business plan for wife and I

sure thing or go for broke ?

Sure thing --- just walk around , see where there is a line waiting to eat and copy that !

Go for broke - Google : best street food and see what looks interesting , go to BKK chinatown and have someone make you the machine....

simple things like Popcorn , roasted nuts etc

waffles , pancakes , sugared and with jam inside ,

brownies , big soft cookies ,

I have never seen cotton candy in Thailand :)

or like the LA County fair , Fried ANYTHING , look it up, they make big $$$$$$

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen someone want to sell frozen yogurt business, equipment machine and knowledge used to belong to his GF

he's asking 140,000 for the lot, that can be a good thing if she can find a good location to sell and it's

easy to operate...

So this is what happened to MR CHEF...............lol. One fool offloading wifeys business to another. The hilarity.

Marry wives coz you love them and their family. Making them make there own money just isnt going to work.

Seen someone want to sell frozen yogurt business, equipment machine and knowledge used to belong to his GF

he's asking 140,000 for the lot, that can be a good thing if she can find a good location to sell and it's

easy to operate...

So this is what happened to MR CHEF...............lol. One fool offloading wifeys business to another. The hilarity.

Marry wives coz you love them and their family. Making them make their own money just isnt going to work.

Edited by Nomyai

this may sound silly but...

buy cheap but good condition motor bikes from cheaper parts of thailand.... hire a flat bed to transport them to your area.. and sell them each at a decent little profit...

bikes are quite expensive in bangkok for sure.. however in the 2nd hand market further out from bangkok... much savings can be had..

i can only think of this because 350k isn't much to get a business going.. unless you like the selling food/drinks at a mobile kiosk thing.

350k for home start up may sound more like a service type business.... hire a few locals to run errands for people living in condos.. (groceries, etc. etc.) had this idea sometime back however the place i live in does not allow me to operate this. (i suspect they will do it themselves!) kinda like an 'expat service'..

Just Helped My Wife's Family Get Into Business.

Instead of giving them money -- we bought a food cart attached to a motorcycle.

Really nice and clean and not much money.

Sell Iced Coffee Drinks !

+ Great margin. Need good source of ice.

+ Open from 7am to 3pm daily.

+ At same location each day.

+ Taught them to be a "Barista".

+ Taught them to drizzle a bit of chocolate or caramel or both on drink.

+ Showed them how to use a minimal amount of whipped cream for the topping.

Now -- they do over 1K Bath a day. Each day.

They are in tiny village of Tha Bo -- 35km west of Nong Khai.

** Keep your initial start-up costs low.

** Keep your product costs low.

** Have a Great Product! Be Unique. Focus on Customer satisfaction (that will make you unique itself)

** Develop a solid customer base.

** Be consistent in your location and hours.

** Have a "Frequent Buyer" card -- buy 5 get one free!

I'm going to open up a cart doing the "Crepe" thing I saw in Chiang Mai.

I loved the chocolate and banana crepe. With powdered sugar.

Very low cost - good margin -- always someone buying.

I've started 17 small businesses on Mainland USA and Maui, Hawaii.

I want to try BGG soon.

What is material cost in the 1000 baht a day ?

and how long have you been doing it wihout someone setting up next to you ?

I just look at Krispy Kreme donuts , 30 minute wait or longer when they started and now most are gone ,

But the motorbike food cart is a good idea because if the first idea does not work , you can try it at another location or change what you are selling without too much trouble,

did you buy the motorbike food cart already built ?

Make microwave ready meals like TV-dinners, deep frozen and not to expensive.

These can be Thai (farang style=extra chicken,meat, veggies) or farang meals.

Most veggies can be nuked, rice/potatoes, pasta's, most meats (no steaks).

No loss of food ever, can start small and grow and will always have food yourself.

Good chest deep freezer cost 12.000baht, electric around 150-200baht monthly(at government rate of 4.5baht)

Of course you will need to be in a tourist area

This could be done from any shophouse, work and live in one.

Edited by BrainLife

Mobile Fish and Chip guy in Chiang Mai does pretty well.

Go's to 6 or 7 bars each night (regularly) and sells fish and chips from his motorbike/kitchen.

No rent, no real estate...and he sells out each night.

Good fish and chips too, at ridiculously low prices.

Not saying copy exact idea...but for 350,000 baht...you need something affordable...Hot Dogs, Burgers, Mr Whippee ice cream...

https://www.facebook.com/MobileFishAndChips/

...and if you want independent reviews...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293917-d5993515-Reviews-Dee_s_Mobile_Fish_Chips-Chiang_Mai.html

Is the mobile fish and chip guy a Farang? Sounds like he is working for himself and legally.

If he is not legal, he would not last long in that sort of work without being found out.

It would be interesting to know if it is possible for one Farang with a similar small business

to do it legally if a Thai can do the same job. The OP should think about this.

+ Bought the food cart/motorcycle "used" but in great shape. Stainless steel was nice.

Cost was 23,000THB.

+ I'm teaching them to keep food costs between 30% - 38%. It depends on the drink.

Some drinks have better margin than others.

+ Of course, there's a zillion other carts around them, but no one else doing Iced Coffee Drinks.

+ Next Step: Get them a chest freezer. I found some "freezer bags" on Mainland USA. I want them to freeze their own ice.

Use bottle water, fill freezer bags designed for 5lb to 25lb blocks of ice. Easy. Will save time and money.

+ To open a KKreme donut place would cost millions and millions. Don't do it.

+ They initially had a little bit of "push back" from local school about selling Coca-Cola. Sugar. The issue was sugar.

Now -- they focus on Iced Coffee Drinks.

+ I will get them a machine for Fruit Smoothies soon.

NOTE: This is not a great picture. It is my sister-in-law. The cart looks a lot better.

I'll see if I can get a better picture to show you the stainless steel. It is very nice.

post-225809-0-50987600-1447646101_thumb.

Ask yourself:

"

Hotdog stand Pattaya/Jomtien ?

rent out Used Motor Bikes ?

rent Mini Mart in Condo complex ?

beer bar partner ?"

are these unique ideas no one had before or do you compete with 100000 other people?

You need to find something new, think you are the customer.....Rent out Motor Bikes....there are already 100 places....You go to 1 random one. Beer Bar: there are already 10000...you go 1 random one.

You need to find something where you are the only one who offers it.

and even doing that, if you are successful, other Thais will give you competition.

Problem is, for 350k you would be 'buying a job' with the kinds of ideas that can be funded with that amount. To me, a business is something that you can walk away from for periods of time. Otherwise, why not just invest the 350k and go get a job that pays 30k a month?

I've been looking to buy or start a business for a year now. It's not an easy environment here.

I tried to open an Xpress, 30 minute teeth whitening center. Permits denied. BTW, if anyone knows of a young dentist or soon to graduate dental student, Im interested in a partnership, with me putting up the money.

Tried to buy a successful Bubble Tea franchise, only to have the landlord kill our deal by only willing to give a 12 month at a time lease. Thai landlords are famous for not renewing and taking over the business, or jacking up the rent when things go well.

Im interested in opening a badminton center if someone knows of an available warehouse in BKK.

Almost ready to start looking into Cambodia. PP is what BKK was 20 years ago. Its starting to boom.

Thailand is a difficult place for farang to start a business.

Everything has to appear to be in the wife's name.

Even at that, you will not be able to work in it if the work can be done by a Thai.

If she is fluent in English and Thai, get her study a language teaching course and set up a little Thai language school for farangs.

They typically charge around 200b p/h I think.

Very little overheads - the cost of the course 20/30k - either a mobile service - scooter painted and stickered in the business colors/logo, a few polo shirts for her in the same colors logo, a small classroom in your house or rented someplace.

A mate's missus did very well out of a juice stall they set up in BKK.

REnt was about 5k p/m, 10 meters away outside a Tesco was 4 times that. :D

Cost about 100k to set up well.

She did very well for about 2 years until the main offices next door moved location and 90% of her customers disappeared overnight.

Around Los Angeles there are many Mexician guys selling ice cream and cold drinks out of push-carts ,

they keep the ice cream frozen all day with dry ice in an insulated box with wheels, very simple

for something better

look at google images "vintage ice cream cart" and there are many ideas ,

Edited by BKKdreaming

+ Bought the food cart/motorcycle "used" but in great shape. Stainless steel was nice.

Cost was 23,000THB.

+ I'm teaching them to keep food costs between 30% - 38%. It depends on the drink.

Some drinks have better margin than others.

+ Of course, there's a zillion other carts around them, but no one else doing Iced Coffee Drinks.

+ Next Step: Get them a chest freezer. I found some "freezer bags" on Mainland USA. I want them to freeze their own ice.

Use bottle water, fill freezer bags designed for 5lb to 25lb blocks of ice. Easy. Will save time and money.

+ To open a KKreme donut place would cost millions and millions. Don't do it.

+ They initially had a little bit of "push back" from local school about selling Coca-Cola. Sugar. The issue was sugar.

Now -- they focus on Iced Coffee Drinks.

+ I will get them a machine for Fruit Smoothies soon.

NOTE: This is not a great picture. It is my sister-in-law. The cart looks a lot better.

I'll see if I can get a better picture to show you the stainless steel. It is very nice.

Will you cut the KHRAP. YOUR business is successful becaues you will keep providing (CAPITAL) seems forever.

Another idea you buy buy equipment!

sis real. You just playing mamby pamby!

What is material cost in the 1000 baht a day ?

and how long have you been doing it wihout someone setting up next to you ?

I just look at Krispy Kreme donuts , 30 minute wait or longer when they started and now most are gone ,

But the motorbike food cart is a good idea because if the first idea does not work , you can try it at another location or change what you are selling without too much trouble,

did you buy the motorbike food cart already built ?

Thai accounting says there is no cost when farang is fronting money..........................................................hahahaha.

most poor people also "eat" the profits , not keeping the shop money separate from the family money ,

and letting many people eat for free.....

and the same goes that they do not pay themselves so think they are making big profits,

Maybe they need to have business 101 on TV and not soap operas :)

And a month after you start your business there will be two Thais copying you on the same street.

A month after that one of the two reports you to immigration for working without a work permit.

Thai wife or Gf NEED to work,not foreigner at firs place!!!

Besides ,you need to have mobile booth or stall!!

Selling food and beverages with low investment can be good option!

And a month after you start your business there will be two Thais copying you on the same street.

A month after that one of the two reports you to immigration for working without a work permit.

Thai wife or Gf NEED to work,not foreigner at firs place!!!

Besides ,you need to have mobile booth or stall!!

Selling food and beverages with low investment can be good option!

The p0rpoise of marrying farang is so one doesnt need to work..................hahahaha.

I got a lot to learn about thai kulture!