Any Dentist to recommend for Teeth Cleaning?

Darklorddog

Any dentist can do a cleaning. Personally I like the Dental Hospital on Sukhumvit soi 49, as I find their cleanings more thorough than anywhere else though not the least expensive. I think I paid about 1500 baht last time though it does vary with how long it takes them (if really a lot of placque could be more). You can get a much less extensive, simpler cleaning for perhaps 500 baht at smaller dental establishments.

Any dentist will do a cleaning. The wife and I have been our teeth cleaned at our dentist in western Bangkok for many years...current price is Bt800. Nice, clean office, dentist also speaks English like I expect most can (at least basic English). Doctors/Dentists in Thailand will have basic English skills; but nurses/assistants probably will not except maybe those that deal with a lot of farangs.

Any dentist can do a cleaning. Personally I like the Dental Hospital on Sukhumvit soi 49, as I find their cleanings more thorough than anywhere else though not the least expensive. I think I paid about 1500 baht last time though it does vary with how long it takes them (if really a lot of placque could be more). You can get a much less extensive, simpler cleaning for perhaps 500 baht at smaller dental establishments.

Thank you, I'll go to there to check out.

Any dentist will do a cleaning. The wife and I have been our teeth cleaned at our dentist in western Bangkok for many years...current price is Bt800. Nice, clean office, dentist also speaks English like I expect most can (at least basic English). Doctors/Dentists in Thailand will have basic English skills; but nurses/assistants probably will not except maybe those that deal with a lot of farangs.

Yes, this is what I worry about they cant speak English, and just wanna make sure they have a clean office for it. Thank you.

Cleaning can vary a great deal in my experience. Some seem to have a steady hand and others not such much - resulting in a lot of nicks to gums. For those using blood thinning, such as 81mg aspirin, this can be a bit traumatic with a lot of blood that may take some time to stop. But shaky hand can also be painful - even for us high pain tolerance folks.

But perhaps more important is this is where the truth comes out - are we really doing a good job of flossing? whistling.gif

Little plaque - very little pain.

On the subject of cleaning, the best move I ever made on the recommendation of a Dentist was to use an electric toothbrush, one with dual head that cleans both tooth and gum. Not the cheapy battery op one but the proper Oral B units. They have a self timer built in so it stops automatically when the job is done (2 mins), no excessive (and often unknown) pressure by scrubbing the teeth by hand etc.

The difference is (or was in my case) dramatic in both appearance and feel, so much better.

http://www.oralb.co.uk/en-GB/products-category/electric-toothbrushes

On the subject of cleaning, the best move I ever made on the recommendation of a Dentist was to use an electric toothbrush, one with dual head that cleans both tooth and gum. Not the cheapy battery op one but the proper Oral B units. They have a self timer built in so it stops automatically when the job is done (2 mins), no excessive (and often unknown) pressure by scrubbing the teeth by hand etc.

The difference is (or was in my case) dramatic in both appearance and feel, so much better.

http://www.oralb.co.uk/en-GB/products-category/electric-toothbrushes

The wife and I have used Oral B electric tooth brushes for probably 15 years....she uses the type like shown on the right side of weblink above and I use the one on the left side. I've had one filling in those 15 years...and it was to replace an old filling. The wife has had around two. Floss every night after brushing and use some Listerine to gargle. No serious dental work required using the 3 step process (brushing with electric toothbrush, floss, Listerine). And we get a cleaning every 6 months...the dentist office calls us 1 or 2 days before to remind us of the appt, a cleaning cost Bt800 at our western Bangkok dentist as mentioned in my earlier post.

• 2 weeks later...