Russian man arrested on Koh Samui for allegedly smuggling in 6.5 kgs of cocaine

webfact

He must be more than stupid and more than desperate,if not he will be shortly,no sympathy for him,especially a young man with all his life ahead of him,even if his job is not great and someone has paid his trip and more,all be it now not much more,its the end of the line unfortunately for him,and from all accounts not a good ending.What a waste?Greed,for some does not pay,better to be poor and free than whats instore for him,all self inflicted,better he find someone with a pill to end it asap,for his own good.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the guy was hoping for the airline to deliver the bags to him expecting them to bypass customs...

Aah - you may well have hit the nail on the head there - sad thing if true; if he investigated the rules he would find that when your bags are found you have to pick them up in person - this happened to a friend of mine a week or two back.

But I go along with your theory as nothing else makes much sense smile.png

My bags have been bumped and the airline brought them to me..

Had my bags delivered many times from swampy to Rayong, usually turn up the next day with no problems.

when is the pension age in Russia he may make it.if true maybe the custom would not have known unless the bags were left behind.from my experience custom just look unless their know something I imagine the unlucky ones gets checked.this time good night and enjoy the Bangkok hilton

Probably the guy was hoping for the airline to deliver the bags to him expecting them to bypass customs...

That happened to me twice...bags delivered. I mean. Bags never made with me on the same flt. to Bkk. Twice they were delivered to me in Chiang mai, once directly to my door, and once I had to go to the airport in Chiang mai to pick them up. No checking either time.

Could be worse if he had got caught in singaporebut better jail cell I reckon.

Hmmm, dont know if life in a Thai jail is better than the Death sentence, after a few years im guessing he will wanna be dead already....

and what practical knowledge of either thai prisons or death leads you to this conclusion?

or did you just feel a burning need to comment despite the fact that you had nothing to say?

Why so aggressive? Some Thai prisons are in the top-ten list of worst prisons in the world. Do a Google for 'Bang Kwang' and see for yourself. One does not need to be in prison to learn how awful some of them are..

post-215988-0-88624500-1447740454_thumb.

How much is 6.5kg of Coke worth. Lot of money for the customs to give away.

Around $300Kusd street value in Thailand if sold as is. Maybe add 30% by time it gets to the street though, so $400Kusd at a stretch. Total speculation though.

He would only get a small fraction of that you'd think. Totally not worth the consequences IMO.....

Hmmm, dont know if life in a Thai jail is better than the Death sentence, after a few years im guessing he will wanna be dead already....

and what practical knowledge of either thai prisons or death leads you to this conclusion?

or did you just feel a burning need to comment despite the fact that you had nothing to say?

Why so aggressive? Some Thai prisons are in the top-ten list of worst prisons in the world. Do a Google for 'Bang Kwang' and see for yourself. One does not need to be in prison to learn how awful some of them are..

but the accommodation is free right ?

Why is it never straightforward in this part of the world?

The guy reported the bags missing but actually they were left unclaimed... What - he was in too much of a hurry to get to the beach?

Perhaps he chickened out at the last minute, is my guess.

Stupid is as stupid does. wink.png

He chickened out .... and then reported the bags lost???? Not hardly.

Aah - you may well have hit the nail on the head there - sad thing if true; if he investigated the rules he would find that when your bags are found you have to pick them up in person - this happened to a friend of mine a week or two back.

Looks like you two arm-chair/bar-stool detectives have it all figured out.

24 .. wow what a waste. He will have plenty of time to think about what he has done as well as have time to learn Thai as I expect as most farang here he only knows 5 phrases if that. Good luck sir, better luck next time

What do you mean better luck next time are you his connection in Thailand?There will be no next time.

That happened to me twice...bags delivered. I mean. Bags never made with me on the same flt. to Bkk. Twice they were delivered to me in Chiang mai, once directly to my door, and once I had to go to the airport in Chiang mai to pick them up. No checking either time.

How do you know?

He won't have to worry about renewing his tourist visa I can see a 50 year extension stamp in his passport already !

had to laugh at that comment, good one thumbsup.gif but I still feel a bit bad for him, yeah he knew what he was doing and he knew the consequences, but he s going to either be dead soon or wish he was. I do not wish that kind of suffering upon anybody who does something as trivia as trafficking cocaine. Punishment yes, 50 years in utter hell, no

We said Monk...all the smug schadenfreude from the limpdick peanut gallery is sickening. Whether people like it or not, no one is forcing anyone to use coke or anything else. The idea that someone can be kidnapped and caged like an animal for a victimless crime, and that others can cheer it on goes to show how pathetic some people are, and how confused society is about morality.

My bags have been bumped and the airline brought them to me..

I had to return to BKK from Samui to collect mine, they would not allow my partner to collect them for me. You were lucky !

He won't have to worry about renewing his tourist visa I can see a 50 year extension stamp in his passport already !

had to laugh at that comment, good one thumbsup.gif but I still feel a bit bad for him, yeah he knew what he was doing and he knew the consequences, but he s going to either be dead soon or wish he was. I do not wish that kind of suffering upon anybody who does something as trivia as trafficking cocaine. Punishment yes, 50 years in utter hell, no

We said Monk...all the smug schadenfreude from the limpdick peanut gallery is sickening. Whether people like it or not, no one is forcing anyone to use coke or anything else. The idea that someone can be kidnapped and caged like an animal for a victimless crime, and that others can cheer it on goes to show how pathetic some people are, and how confused society is about morality.

There is no such a thing as a "victimless crime" when drugs are involved. He will get what he deserves, thank goodness that another of societies maggots has been caught.

How do you know that they were not checked.

Could be worse if he had got caught in singapore…but better jail cell I reckon.

totally agree, most of us know of the conditions there. 20-100 in a cell, 2 ceiling fans, sleeping next to each other, shackles for the first 6 months, food is beyond poor unless you can import moneys, chances of catching illnesses are super high, if you cannot speak Thai you are screwed and the lights in the cells are on 24/7

Food is good and quite plentiful in Samui jail .........if you adore chicken necks and soggy rice.

Could be worse if he had got caught in singapore…but better jail cell I reckon.

Oh my, six-and-a-half keys? Not a petty crime. In Malaysia... death.

Unless you are one of a couple of top Indonesian cops who got caught caught last year with 2 suitcases full of drugs. The suitcases and contents were confiscated ( poor buggers) and the cops sent back to Jakarta with 'naughty boys' labels.

What makes you think that your bags weren't checked before delivery, was your contraband undisturbed?

Or baggage handlers were using passengers luggage to smuggle. That could explain the delay. Maybe they were trying to remove the drugs somewhere from his luggage.

Never check luggage if possible when traveling through SEA. You could become a smuggling victim. And only use black luggage. Smugglers choose the easiest luggage to identify so the receiving baggage handlers can find it quickly. (The pink, betty boop luggage!)

you have to be complete brain dead to even think about doing this. he is a threat to himself and society. brainless. he got what he was asking for. secret compartment.

Whoa whoa whoa. Victimless crime is going a bit far don't you think? Have you not seen the drug wars that go on between cartels in Mexico? Headless bodies strung up, not because they did anything wrong but used as a warning for others to not even think about it!

And the end users that became addicts, while their own god damn fault, create a trail of crime based victims along the way. Along with their families that deal with these problems on a large scale.

I'm in agreeance with you about the appropriateness of taking a kids life away it's far from a victimless crime. I think that's a bit short sided.

Lighten up HooHaa.....th is a forum for members to say what they think.

Their opinions or thoughts are just as valid as anything you may have to say.

By the way...those in glass houses and all that;

".......the fact that you had nothing to say"

Archived