Russian man arrested on Koh Samui for allegedly smuggling in 6.5 kgs of cocaine

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He won't have to worry about renewing his tourist visa I can see a 50 year extension stamp in his passport already !

had to laugh at that comment, good one thumbsup.gif but I still feel a bit bad for him, yeah he knew what he was doing and he knew the consequences, but he s going to either be dead soon or wish he was. I do not wish that kind of suffering upon anybody who does something as trivia as trafficking cocaine. Punishment yes, 50 years in utter hell, no

We said Monk...all the smug schadenfreude from the limpdick peanut gallery is sickening. Whether people like it or not, no one is forcing anyone to use coke or anything else. The idea that someone can be kidnapped and caged like an animal for a victimless crime, and that others can cheer it on goes to show how pathetic some people are, and how confused society is about morality.

I would suggest you lay off the dope.

...I still feel a bit bad for him, yeah he knew what he was doing and he knew the consequences, but he s going to either be dead soon or wish he was. I do not wish that kind of suffering upon anybody who does something as trivia as trafficking cocaine. Punishment yes, 50 years in utter hell, no

Sorry, I'm usually quite good with sarcasm and irony, but I'm failing to see the punchline on this one!

Could be worse if he had got caught in singaporebut better jail cell I reckon.

Hmmm, dont know if life in a Thai jail is better than the Death sentence, after a few years im guessing he will wanna be dead already....

and what practical knowledge of either thai prisons or death leads you to this conclusion?

or did you just feel a burning need to comment despite the fact that you had nothing to say?

He's possibly read accounts of life in a Thai prison. There are a number of books on the market by former inmates.

Who needs any 'practical' knowledge of death to know that the alternative, life, is far more palatable. For me, death would be preferable to a long stay in ANY jail. I suspect, from what I know of Thai jails, even preferable to a short stay in a Thai establishment.

Why so aggressive? He's expressing an opinion.... that's what forums are for.

I haven't said much, but felt the desire to do so, so I expect I'm in for a 'briefing' by HooHaa?

Hmmm...so ..according to the way the article is written he would have simply breezed through customs if his bags had not been lost and caught their attentions in that manner...correct?

Does Vladimir Putin know his countrymen are smuggling Cocaine into Thailand....I wonder??

Cheers

Could be worse if he had got caught in singaporebut better jail cell I reckon.

Hmmm, dont know if life in a Thai jail is better than the Death sentence, after a few years im guessing he will wanna be dead already....

and what practical knowledge of either thai prisons or death leads you to this conclusion?

or did you just feel a burning need to comment despite the fact that you had nothing to say?

He's possibly read accounts of life in a Thai prison. There are a number of books on the market by former inmates.

Who needs any 'practical' knowledge of death to know that the alternative, life, is far more palatable. For me, death would be preferable to a long stay in ANY jail. I suspect, from what I know of Thai jails, even preferable to a short stay in a Thai establishment.

Why so aggressive? He's expressing an opinion.... that's what forums are for.

I haven't said much, but felt the desire to do so, so I expect I'm in for a 'briefing' by HooHaa?

Yeah...some members must have a ongoing case of hemorrhoids and you just know it by the remarks they make seen in their angry and uncalled for nasty retorts...lol

Cheers

I am surprised the bags got through Singapore undetected

Yeah, this sounds fishy. But given that they got passed routine security, this guy was not too smart. If your bags have gone "missing" you really should assume the worst and just run away if possible. But of course no way he was going to leave a few hundred thousand USD worth of merchandise behind.

Hmmm...so ..according to the way the article is written he would have simply breezed through customs if his bags had not been lost and caught their attentions in that manner...correct?

Does Vladimir Putin know his countrymen are smuggling Cocaine into Thailand....I wonder??

Cheers

Yeah, but his buddies use diplomatic bags, for convenience sake...

Nowhere does either article hint at the origin of the drugs, I guess he transited through Singapore?

It will be interesting to hear what he has to say, and whether he claims any third party was involved...

It is possible something else is going on here: if the bags did not arrive and he was aware what was inside then why was he not on the next flight out? Why report them missing and draw attention to himself...

From one report the airline was going to deliver the bags but (routinely) first took the bag to customs; if he planned this he was not very bright at all.

More info about his life here may lead to some interesting connections - was he working illegally? Who owns the dive resort and how may they be involved - 6.5kg is hardly for this morons own personal holiday use - so how was this to be distributed?

Sounds like dive resorts in the Gulf region could do with an expose as they seem to harbor more and more criminal types each year...

Probably the guy was hoping for the airline to deliver the bags to him expecting them to bypass customs...

Aah - you may well have hit the nail on the head there - sad thing if true; if he investigated the rules he would find that when your bags are found you have to pick them up in person - this happened to a friend of mine a week or two back.

But I go along with your theory as nothing else makes much sense smile.png

My bags have been bumped and the airline brought them to me..

Had my bags delivered many times from swampy to Rayong, usually turn up the next day with no problems.

I think it depends on the type of flight you are on. On a Domestic Flight, such as yours, they don't need to go through Customs so they can hand deliver. But on an International Flight like his (Singapore to Thailand) they have to clear Customs first.

I know my bag was bumped a couple of times on Domestic Flights and it was always delivered, but on an International Flight I had to pick it up at the airport and go through Customs. Since I was the only one there at that time, my bag was checked by Customs.

Perhaps now they will deliver on International Flights also, but they will still have to go through Customs first. Whether they decide to check the bag then is up to them.

• 3 weeks later...

cocaine is worth more than gold in Thailand....I bet if it was 95% pure,after it was was cut and bagged into grms ,street value would be a million us......and he got it this far only to have the dumbest country in the world bust him.....amazing Thailand...

Report in today's BBC news caught my attention, made me think of this guy and how incredibly dumb his 'plan' was. There are most likely tons of the drug being moved around here, in different guises - only small time idiots, trying to get rich quick, move less.

Spanish Police make huge cocaine bust: BBC News

• 2 months later...

He won't have to worry about renewing his tourist visa I can see a 50 year extension stamp in his passport already !

had to laugh at that comment, good one thumbsup.gif but I still feel a bit bad for him, yeah he knew what he was doing and he knew the consequences, but he s going to either be dead soon or wish he was. I do not wish that kind of suffering upon anybody who does something as trivia as trafficking cocaine. Punishment yes, 50 years in utter hell, no

you have to be complete brain dead to even think about doing this. he is a threat to himself and society. brainless. he got what he was asking for. secret compartment.

He was probably high when he (she?) wrote that comment.

Archived