Break condo lease

I rent a condo in Pattaya on a one year lease, April-April. The property manager just came to my door and said the owner wants it back, tomorrow, just in time for high season and the big month-month rents. She said she will find me another place. I say what about "Law", she say this is a Thailand. Where can I go for help. They have my 3 month deposit which is suppose to keep me from leaving after high season.

Tell her 'this is Thailand, go yourself'.

The whole 'this is Thailand' thing can work both ways.

If he go by himself he would lose the 3 month deposit... so it's not working in both ways...

I'm not suggesting that he leaves in any way.

What does your contact say?

The contract says it is good till April/16. She said the contract is between the property management company and me but it is the owner that wants it back. When she said " this is Thailand" she meant contracts don't mean anything I think. She is Filipina.

Never leave more than 1 month deposit. Make sure that's negotiated, 2 months is ridiculous, please say you didn't really leave 3 months??. I would demand your deposit back before moving and go find another real estate agent as these guys you have now are crooks

Problem with getting the deposit back is this is the worst time of year here to find a similar condo for price and location. I had waited till April a year and a half ago to get into a yearly lease for that reason. Thailand, if contracts are meaningless why should the world do any sort of business with you?

Go and see the consumer protection office at Pattaya City Hall. Take your contract with you. You wont make any friends with your landlord, but they clearly think you are sh*t anyway so no loss there.

Then when you finally move out (and have got your deposit back) be sure to send a copy of your contract to the local tax office.

These people are all scum and deserve no mercy.

Archived