Flights cancelled to Chiang Mai over floating lantern fears

webfact

Phew, I was beginning to worry, it took 30 posts and some 53 hours, but finally we got Thaksin involved as the villain of the piece.

Normal service is resumed!

clap2.gif

I take your point, but if it's (wrongly IMHO) being used to beat the junta over the head, then balance is required, which inevitably brings him in.

I also was trying to make the point, not always understood on TV, that Chiang Mai isn't fanatical (as often supposed) about supporting it's favoured son, there IS significant support (used to be more) but definitely not fanatical or overwhelming or (much misused) a landslide. wai.gif

I was tongue in cheek ( although some will go to extraordinary lengths to drag him in).

On your second point, we just don't know what level of support he enjoys " up north". Expression of support is not exactly encouraged, and the prospect of testing it at the ballot box remains distant.

The junta probably have a clearer idea than most, they obviously think that support for Thaksin remains strong.

Personally, I think it is significant, support for Yingluck is greater, and that for the redshirts in general remains overwhelming. That however is purely my opinion.

Cheers.