Phu Nam Ron Crossing

Hi All,

Did a quick search and can't find a clear answer to my query, I hope to cross this border this week. Is the Phu Nam Ron border crossing still available and open for a Multiple Non Imm O visa holder? The last I read it was closed and then reopened but you needed a Myanmar visa, has it returned to normal, as in Myanmar visa available on arrival? Also is the rate and process still the same?

Thanks in advance for any help !

Paddy

Edited by paddy

Just to report I crossed at this border yesterday and they are only allowing valid re entry visas, in fact I got the overall impression they would prefer if no farang came through(maybe I got them on a bad day), it has changed a lot and I've used this crossing several times over recent years.

Its still 900 baht but now there is a Burmese guy with an ancient mini van (no air con, well didn't work) shuttling people across the border and back.My visa stamp in Myanmar took 2 minutes but we waited for another 30 mins as the van driver hung around for punters to fill his van on the way back to Thailand. Wasn't like that on previous occasions,its changed for the worse in my view.

Paddy