Hello again and Mosquito nets

NotWhatItWasnt

Hi Guys,

Back in Pattaya for 60 days before heading to Cambodia for 30.

Could anyone tell me a good place to pick up a mosquito net for a double bed?

I'm staying at close to the top of the hill, Thappaya Rd between pattaya and Jomtiem if anyone knows of a place

Thanks in advance smile.png

John

Sleep with a thai lady they don't appear to bite them as much as they do farangs maybe the smell of chili is off-putting I know it does me I hold my breath when I'm forced to kiss my gf.

Sorry I cant help in shop wise as don't need preventative measures for sleeping but go for a pee and you never know where your gonna get nibbled.

Btw I'm currently promoting socks, gloves, all in 1 pyjama sets but be quick offer ends in 60 days joke.

GL my friend in your search.

Most Camping shops carry them, make sure you get an impregnated one, probably not very useful to be honest if used in a hotel room unless you can get one that covers the entire room, better still, the entire hotel perhaps!

More seriously: mossie nets are designed to reduce risk when you are asleep, you're sleeping so you can't see the mossie hence the net adds protection. But unless you ensure the net/bed space is void of mossies, every time you exit and enter, including all the times in the night when you and/or your partner leaves the bed, it's a waste of time. But you're in a hotel room which is an enclosed space hence your risk is minimised any way, calls into question the need for a net in that scenario.

I would prefer to spend the money up front to buy as many preventative devices available rather than risk the threat of being bitten and ending up with dengue fever and paying the hospital bills after the event.

as well as your mosquito net why don't you buy one of these small plug-in devices that easily fits into your luggage and you can plug it into the electricity supply everywhere you go. You simply insert a small pad into the device which heats up and gives off an aroma which kills the mosquitoes

post-149848-0-67871600-1447762145_thumb.

My apartment on the 16th floor used to see them on a regular basis, they travel up the lift shaft and in the elevator itself, not at all uncommon.

Get a heigh floor room .I used to have a Condo on the 6 th floor of J.B.C .Never had mozzies .

I'm on the 6th floor and as Chang Mai reported they still get in

Archived