Cambodian Bank in Thailand

I am in the transition of working in Cambodia at the moment. Banking has been a pain in the butt in both Cambodia and Thailand.

I was thinking of opening a Bank in Cambodia. Is there a bank in Cambodia that is available in Thailand?

I know this is a long shot but just wanted to ask,,

Thanks in Advance..

Any other suggestions of international options would be great too.. I am american and currently have an usa account and savings acct at bank of BKK.

Its the atm fees, and the times i need to get larger amounts of $ that are killing me. I like using a debit card too and everyone is so scared of anything that says debit..

So, need to get something locally or maybe better internationally.

You can get an account in USA that gives you back withdrawl fees.

Why the pain with banking?

I have accounts in both countries and they're better than my UK account.

FYI you can Western Union to Thai bank for about $7, but not Cambodia.

And to answer your original question, I'm sure there is a Bangkok Bank atm in Koh Kong which won't help unless you plan on living there.

ABA is great in Cambodia.

thks for the constructive reply.. i think it is just bc USA banks give u a pretty hard time in SE asia with connecting banks.. or at least the last 2 I have worked with .

Its only a 1 way transaction - i think u can deposit but u cant withdraw online with a transfer,, I could be wrong on this but its either/or..

I just that Bangkok Bank has a branch in Phnom Penh, so maybe they do in Siem reap.. Ill check it out.. and ABA..

Thanks for a lot for the info..