Residence Cert To Purchase Used Car

CP3

I just went to immigration to get residence cert and was told that I need to come back with some documents related to the intended purchase car,only then they will issue the residence cert. I am in Mae Sai and planning to purchase in CM. Anyone with any updated info on the procedures?

Can only mention that I got a residence certificate in Hua Hin yesterday to by a motorcycle. It was a bit confusing as they were asking if I had already bought it but I said I needed the certificate first. Also asked where I was buying it from and I said in the town here. Also had to fill in a notification of change of address form. Anyway got the certificate. As an aside a couple of the dealers here would sell one without a certificate, one would do it for 1000 baht and another one just said they needed my passport only.

I bought a motorbike without a certificate of residence but i couldnt register it until I got the certificate...

When I bought my car, I needed the certificate of residence, because the dealer did all registration before I could take it.

Immigration in Ubon Ratchathani refused to give me the certificates of residence, stating I need to complete 12 months extension before they can issue them....

I got letters / certificates of residence from the Ubon Tourist Police... just needed proof of residence. The wifes tabien baan, ID and my passport. No info on bike or car were needed.

Edited by streboris

When I bought my bike in town, residential cert wasn't needed also. This time, since I am going to buy in CM which is about 4 to 6 hours from here, I thought so better prepare the cert. When I searched here and web, there is only need to provide with rental agreement/house book + my info. It sounds to me like residential cert is only needed when we register the car at local DLT?

In bkk a residency certificte is needed to register a motorbike orcar,

I have done this several times, the certificate could obtained from your embassy, which i used to register car, renew my thai driving license,

Addltion to this, i went to the immigration at chang wattana when to sale car, they told they can issue a cert. Of residency to renew driving license, however, it was't done so went back to get it from the embassy as did several times since issued my first thai driving license,

Take a note, you need the residential cert. whether to buy or sell a vehicle,

Good luck.

When I finally got residecy certificate to register my bike and gave it to the Yamaha agent for registering my bike... The guy in the traffic office refused to accept the copy of my non-imm 'O' visa...

The visa says 'type of visa - non immigrant 'O'' in small letters, but it doesn't say "VISA" in big letters at the top... so he insisted it wasn't a visa...