replacing remote with push button

Berty100

Not sure if this is as easy as I assume it is, so please advice.

I have this on/off switch, which is operated by a remote which I lost, and since it is a personalized remote there is no replacement for it.

So I would like to replace the remote with a small push button.

Is this a possibility, and if so, can one maybe give me directions which part I should remove and where I have to solder the wires from the button.

post-249019-0-75438200-1447826277_thumb.post-249019-0-56693000-1447826278_thumb.post-249019-0-07970700-1447826290_thumb.post-249019-0-92706300-1447826290_thumb.

What is it controlling?

The easy fix would be to remove the remote unit completely and replace it with a regular on-off switch.

You would connect the switch between the bottom pair of contacts as seen in photo 1.

What I see is a 10A relay and a radio receiver.

If you want an same-same replacement then replace with a 10A relay controlled by a regular on-off switch.

Otherwise, if the LOAD it is/was connected to is small enough, just do as Crossy suggests and control it directly with an on/off switch (or a DTDP breaker as used here for water heaters).

While it's possible to wire in a switch to your current gizmo, it's more trouble than it's worth.

Currently the switch isn't used for anything anymore, because I replaced it already.

It is actually a wireless power switch. When the remote is pressed it will close, and stay closed as long as it get power.

When it loses power it will open and stay in the open position even when power return.

I wanted to use it now as some kind of safety switch to prevent that an appliance that is witched off during a power cut, gets automatically powered up again when power returns.

Since your device uses an IC/integrated RF Receiver to 'latch' the 10A Relay, you'd need the schematics of the chip to see if there was an external pin to activate the latch.

The same 'feature' is a common function of many relay circuits.

Crossy could probably find one with both hands tied behind his back.

As I said, it have it replaced already for the function it was used, but I just thought that I could use the now useless switch for another purpose by just adding a 2 Baht button to it.

The latching function is built into the decoder device (the 2272) so there's no way to access it externally.

Bin the beast.

If you want a simple power fail detector you can knock one up with a 220V relay and a push button.

Archived