Internet Forums - Is ThaiVisa your favourite forum?

meltingpot2015

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be better if people posted only on topics that they had some interest in.
For example, when it is announced on here that on a particular day, the sale of alcohol is banned, for whatever reason it may be, religious, elections etc., the topics are inundated with posts from self righteous reformed alcoholics, who have nothing better to do than to preach about the 'evils' of alcohol.
I like a drink, and nobody is going to 'convert' me, but in all honesty, why do they bother ?
Because they're interested I guess. Just not in the way you want them to be.

It'd be pretty boring if all we did was agree with each other, after all.
I knew it would not take long, one minute !
I rest my case.
I am off out for a pint with proper friends now, not keyboard acquaintances.
Ta Ta.
See you in ten minutes.

Looking at your previous posts, you never leave your keyboard, you are addicted to TV.
So your posts about how good taxis are, how good life in Thailand is etc. etc. are complete and utter bullshit.
After starting your post on the delights of Thai taxi drivers, you failed to comment on the post where the Thai man was stabbed by one of his own ?

They have these things called smart phones now. You can post from wherever, whilst having a life.

I think it would be better if people posted only on topics that they had some interest in.
For example, when it is announced on here that on a particular day, the sale of alcohol is banned, for whatever reason it may be, religious, elections etc., the topics are inundated with posts from self righteous reformed alcoholics, who have nothing better to do than to preach about the 'evils' of alcohol.
I like a drink, and nobody is going to 'convert' me, but in all honesty, why do they bother ?
Because they're interested I guess. Just not in the way you want them to be.

It'd be pretty boring if all we did was agree with each other, after all.
I knew it would not take long, one minute !
I rest my case.
I am off out for a pint with proper friends now, not keyboard acquaintances.
Ta Ta.
See you in ten minutes.

Looking at your previous posts, you never leave your keyboard, you are addicted to TV.
So your posts about how good taxis are, how good life in Thailand is etc. etc. are complete and utter bullshit.
After starting your post on the delights of Thai taxi drivers, you failed to comment on the post where the Thai man was stabbed by one of his own ?

They have these things called smart phones now. You can post from wherever, whilst having a life.

So you go out for a night out, and you have nothing better to do than check up on Thai Visa ?
Amazing life you lead.

It passes a few seconds whilst waiting in a queue, in a taxi, whatever.

Bit of a lame argument, when we're all posting on the same forum, really. It's 2015. People use the internet. It's no big deal.

Waiting in a taxi queue ?

You started a,albeit a pathetic , post about how superb taxis are for you, but now you are queueing for one ?

The mind boggles.

I noticed you failed to comment, or never had time with your hectic daily schedule, on the Thai bloke getting stabbed by the taxi driver ?

I feel honored to be a member of TVF.

Management, moderators & members give me much hope.

I am ready @ 8.02am after the Thai National Anthem.

Every day is full of quality information - thought provoking.

Bring it on!

Forums are voluntary. We chose to be here. I am on three but could walk away from them tomorrow.

Only 3 SIpi are you sure laugh.png ?

Lol. Yep. This and two others, and not that one. 3 is more than enough. Unless I have forgotten something which is common at my age.

It passes a few seconds whilst waiting in a queue, in a taxi, whatever.

Bit of a lame argument, when we're all posting on the same forum, really. It's 2015. People use the internet. It's no big deal.

When I'm out in a restaurant (which isn't often) I often see 6 Thai people sitting at a table with all 6 staring into their smartphone. I don't go to restaurants at all where I might see 6 farang sitting at a table so can't comment there.

Edited by JLCrab

But dont post on Friday Night...ok?....got that weegee?

As a general rule it's usually best not to post after midnight!

burp.gif

I only see midnight once a year on New Year....so that leaves me out....I think!biggrin.png... Until the next day that is...

Don't tell porkies, I had you up till gone 2am...drunk.gif

Yep they were certainly the good old days, hey?

I feel honored to be a member of TVF.

Management, moderators & members give me much hope.

I am ready @ 8.02am after the Thai National Anthem.

Every day is full of quality information - thought provoking.

Bring it on!

Not many (if at all) members have had dealing with the management, so, unless you think they are the unsung heroes in the background......

Why not just stay on topic or take it elsewhere?

No TV is not my favorite forum. I won't bother hinting at which one is because it wouldn't be my favorite if half the people here frequented it.

No TV is not my favorite forum. I won't bother hinting at which one is because it wouldn't be my favorite if half the people here frequented it.
If you visit another forum in a neighbouring country. e.g. do a search for 'find loas forums', see what comes up.
You will see there are not many users, and the quality of the content is not great either. (apart from property rentals) Okay, Loas is a small country, so you cannot compare it with Thailand specific (based) forums, but the reason for them not being big is something else. Most loatians don't believe that if you find a good restaurant or have a successful trip to thailand and back it should be broadcast to everyone. Actually they would find this totally bizarre. Foreigners do pick-up on this, and it may explain partly why a forum in loas is nowhere near as big.
I think Thailand (and the mindset of thai people) is different by a longshot.

LAOS! That is so annoying

Lao... the s is silent in pronunciation, perhaps from the French.

TV content is very dated. Most of the pinned stuff is useless. It's only the posts that are relevant.

The rentals, sales of property absolutely worthless.

Edited by Mencken

TV content is very dated. Most of the pinned stuff is useless. It's only the posts that are relevant.

The rentals, sales of property absolutely worthless.

similar to Beaujolais, or Champs-Élysées. A word where p is silent...coup.

When I did searches with the wrong spelling for Laos, the search results (using many search engines) gave me results for Laos. Google even says "Including results for find laos forums". I must have missed it. because it usually asks "Did you mean..."

Bing search engine gives results for the correct spelling but no message like google.

Anyway, not blaming the tools...my mistake. thanks for correcting.

Edited by meltingpot2015

Sorry, in French , for Laos , the " s " is not silent, it's pronounced " Laosse ", never say " Lao ", but written " Laos " ; as a general rule when there is an " s " at the end of the word, " s " is not pronounced ( like " champs ", pronounced "chant " ) Laos is an exception

Sorry, in French , for Laos , the " s " is not silent, it's pronounced " Laosse ", never say " Lao ", but written " Laos " ; as a general rule when there is an " s " at the end of the word, " s " is not pronounced ( like " champs ", pronounced "chant " ) Laos is an exception

Is the "Laousse" pronunciation common to both locals and foreigners. I read that locals pronounce it "lao", foreigners ought to pronounce it "Laousse", but Thai people pronounce it "Lao".

edit: does it depend on who you are talking with?..Laotian, Thai person, American, Australian etc...

Edited by meltingpot2015