Can a U.S. citizen get a 60 day tourist visa from a Thai consulate outside the U.S.?

I'm currently living in the Philippines. Can I get a 60 day tourist visa (allowing one 30-day extension) from the Thai Embassy/consulate here in the Philippines, or do I have to go back to the USA to get one?

Are there any options without going back to the USA to have an extended stay in Thailand?

I've been very spoiled by Philippines VISA rules. They are not overly cheap, but they are easy to comply with. No problem living here for a long period of time.

"Are there any options without going back to the USA to have an extended stay in Thailand?"

• You can buy a 5 year visa for 500,000 baht.
  • ​If you're over 50 you can get a 1 year extension of stay if you have 800,000 THB in the bank or 65k THB p.m. income or a combination. Renewable each year.
  • Non immigrant education visa.

"Are there any options without going back to the USA to have an extended stay in Thailand?"

• ​If you're over 50 you can get a 1 year extension of stay if you have 800,000 THB in the bank or 65k THB p.m. income or a combination. Renewable each year.

Thanks..since i am over 50, it would just be easier to get a normal retirement visa...which I think I have to get in my home country.

Thanks..since i am over 50, it would just be easier to get a normal retirement visa...which I think I have to get in my home country.

You can get a non 'O' visa locally which can be used for a 1 year extension based on retirement.