Honda Civic 2016 Review

Ace of Pop

Yep, as JoeW says - we have to wait and see what we actually get here in TH.

It does look like the C segment next year becomes a Civic vs Focus battle though.

Ford lead on looks in the SUV range here but their Jelly Mould C segment offerings are no match for the Mazda3 saloon,and a real flop against the new Honda look imo.. Plus i for one still aint sure about Ford Service here.

It does look like the C segment next year becomes a Civic vs Focus battle though.

Ford lead on looks in the SUV range here but their Jelly Mould C segment offerings are no match for the Mazda3 saloon,and a real flop against the new Honda look imo.. Plus i for one still aint sure about Ford Service here.

I think the 2016 Focus sedan is a looker - I've never been much of a fan of the hatchback version though. The 2016 Civic, if coming to TH in US form, is easily the best looking sedan Honda has ever made though. It's got some really nice lines and highlights. The Ford is likely to have the better chassis dynamics and engine though. Mazda's do look incredibly good on the outside, but that exterior styling compromises the interior space, and their interior designs are all just the same idea re-hashed. I have real issues with their interior noise levels too, but I also admit I'm very sensitive to that.

I suppose we should spare a thought for the Corolla Altis in the conversation too... OK, yep, that was a bad idea tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

One thing we all need to ready ourselves for is pricing too. Do not expect that the new Civic is going to launch at similar prices to the current model in Thailand. When Honda TH know they have a better product, they're not shy about giving it a big sticker price.

One thing we all need to ready ourselves for is pricing too. Do not expect that the new Civic is going to launch at similar prices to the current model in Thailand. When Honda TH know they have a better product, they're not shy about giving it a big sticker price.

More so will be the new excise tax coming into effect next year. I'm also eyeing this depending on what which variants are going to be available here. Such as 6/7 speed auto or CVT, 1.8/2.0/1.5L turbo. If the 1.5L turbo will be coming I'll be pretty much sold on it. smile.png

There will be no 1.8 with the new CVT, this is a current model in the U.S. that i was waiting for and its finished its prod run.. Just the new body style and 1.5 Turbo CVT is most likely. But who really knows anything here.gigglem.gif "THE WIFES BROTHER SAID", the Thai Version of Google.crazy.gif

I think the 2016 Focus sedan is a looker - I've never been much of a fan of the hatchback version though. The 2016 Civic, if coming to TH in US form, is easily the best looking sedan Honda has ever made though. It's got some really nice lines and highlights. The Ford is likely to have the better chassis dynamics and engine though. Mazda's do look incredibly good on the outside, but that exterior styling compromises the interior space, and their interior designs are all just the same idea re-hashed. I have real issues with their interior noise levels too, but I also admit I'm very sensitive to that.

I suppose we should spare a thought for the Corolla Altis in the conversation too... OK, yep, that was a bad idea tongue.png

I notice road noise in many new cars too. The Everest and new C Class are notable exceptions but most of the Nissans, Mazdas and Hondas I have been in are not quiet. Low profile tyres don't help but the sound insulation is just not set up for rough asphalt. PITA on a long trip.

Edited by Jitar

More so will be the new excise tax coming into effect next year. I'm also eyeing this depending on what which variants are going to be available here. Such as 6/7 speed auto or CVT, 1.8/2.0/1.5L turbo. If the 1.5L turbo will be coming I'll be pretty much sold on it. smile.png

The new Tax won't change the price.. The new Tax laws they have just brought in do not Add on more Tax than before.. Plus this car should be made in Thailand in the factory here.. Will be interesting to see the price as some models of the new civic sedan are cheaper than the older models.. I know it sounds crazy but it's true..

The new Tax won't change the price.. The new Tax laws they have just brought in do not Add on more Tax than before.

Sorry, but they do if you look at the new tax tables based on CO2 emissions rather than engine size. Only if the emission levels on the new civic are considerably lower, which I doubt except for possibly the 1.5T then currently will it not effect the price. I've looked into this quite a bit and see anywhere from 5% - 10% increase.

The new Tax won't change the price.. The new Tax laws they have just brought in do not Add on more Tax than before.

Sorry, but they do if you look at the new tax tables based on CO2 emissions rather than engine size. Only if the emission levels on the new civic are considerably lower, which I doubt except for possibly the 1.5T then currently will it not effect the price. I've looked into this quite a bit and see anywhere from 5% - 10% increase.

The 1.5 Turbos is the better model.. 0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds.. No reason to buy The slower 2.0 non turbo engine.. There is a graphic somewhere of the new Tax rules.. I'll try to find it and put it on here.. It shows no change in cost from the old law to the new Tax law..

The 1.5 Turbos is the better model.. 0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds.. No reason to buy The slower 2.0 non turbo engine.. There is a graphic somewhere of the new Tax rules.. I'll try to find it and put it on here.. It shows no change in cost from the old law to the new Tax law..

As I mentioned, I've looked into this closely and there are changes, some positive, some negative. For example my Civic 2.0 E20 rated would actually be 5% more expensive then before. Plenty of topics in the motor forum saying the same thing.

post-566-0-78105300-1447913310_thumb.jpg

I'd be very surprised if either could eclipse the dreary altis for sales in LoS thoughsad.png

When is the focus 1.5 turbo due for los? Is it a sure thing? Not much in the press here about it.

As I mentioned, I've looked into this closely and there are changes, some positive, some negative. For example my Civic 2.0 E20 rated would actually be 5% more expensive then before. Plenty of topics in the motor forum saying the same thing.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

That's the Graphic I was looking for.. Thanks for pulling it out.. It's a near to nothing rise.. 5% is not a lot especially as the car cost no more than the old model to build.. An extra 60000 baht for a better looking car I'd pay any day.. Do you have any info when the car will be realeased here in Thailand?