Does Marrying A Thai Girl Help With Any Visa?

marriage visa half the required income or savings of 800k

Again wrong info.

Non-o visas based upon marriage can be obtained with no financial proof.

Fro an extension based upon marriage it is 400k baht in the bank or 40k baht income.

• Like 1

There is no such "visa"

Thai Marriage Visa
This type of visa is issued to a foreign national who is married to a Thai and meets the other requirements of the immigration bureau.
Oh yeah silly me gosh it's hard to know it all but know nothing.

You are referring to extension of stay based on marriage when you are talking about required income or savings.

You can get a non-O visa based on marriage from a consulate abroad without showing money.

Two different things, non of them is called marriage visa in legal terms.

• Like 1

There is no such "visa"

Thai Marriage Visa
This type of visa is issued to a foreign national who is married to a Thai and meets the other requirements of the immigration bureau.

That is a Commercial site which provides very wrong and distorted information.

Please try to find reference to this "marriage visa " on the THAI MFA site.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/home

Edited by oncearugge

There is no such "visa"

Thai Marriage Visa

Try to find marriage visa on the immigration or Ministry of Foreign Affairs websites. A commercial website doe not have official info.

• Like 1

Again wrong info.

Fro an extension based upon marriage it is 400k baht in the bank or 40k baht income.

Another 1 c'mon 400k or equivalent as per your 40k per month so where the fck am I wrong

all the better agents can arrange a visa based on marriage but it doesn't exist right lol.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

There is a non immigrant type o, single entry (3 month) and multiple entry (12 months) visa.

A married person is able to apply for this visa but it is not called a marriage visa by immigration for good reason - the visa is also available to dependents, amongst others. Likewise the retirement visa, which is the type o-a

As I type this I see more replies being added so most likely this is redundant but I typed it so you are going to get it tongue.png

"If I marry my girlfriend here, is this beneficial in anyway in applying for certain visas?"

Non Immigrat 'O' visa.

Single entry valid for 3 months.

Multiple entry valid for 1 year.

Each entry is granted a 90 day stay.

Extension of stay.

Any stay from any visa can be extended by 60 days for 1,900 baht. No financial proof required.

​A non 'O' visa 90 day stay can be extended for 1 year for 1,900 baht. You need 400k in the bank for 2 months or an income of 40k pm.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

For the rude belligerent posters who seem to grasp at the first source that suits their needs:

A visa is issued outside a country and allows a person to present himself at the issuing country's border - that is all.

Upon arrival in Thailand the IO will use the visa to determine your eligibility to enter - ie does he believe your story. If he is satisfied then he has the power to decide how long a stay is permitted, and stamps your Permission to stay into your passport.

Once your permission to stay expires you must either leave the country, or apply for an Extension of stay by proving relationship or age and pension arrangements. As part of the extension process you have to provide evidence of funds, or (Thai) employment.

It has been reported that the single entry non-o has no income or funds requirements whereas the multi usually does (Penang).

Edited by ParadiseLost
  • Like 2

There is no such "visa"

Thai Marriage Visa

For" hair splitters"

"Non Immigrant O visa based on marriage to a Thai"

P.S . lighten up...you know what he ment!

Edited by willyumiii
  • Like 1

visa based on marriage if your not married then it doesn't apply here a tooth pick merry Christmas.

Again wrong info.

Another 1 c'mon 400k or equivalent as per your 40k per month so where the fck am I wrong

all the better agents can arrange a visa based on marriage but it doesn't exist right lol.

"so where the fck am I wrong "

The question should be where are you right or remotely coherent.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

"If I marry my girlfriend here, is this beneficial in anyway in applying for certain visas?"

Non Immigrat 'O' visa.

Extension of stay.

Any stay from any visa can be extended by 60 days for 1,900 baht. No financial proof required.

​A non 'O' visa 90 day stay can be extended for 1 year for 1,900 baht. You need 400k in the bank for 2 months or an income of 40k pm.

Confusing, what does this have to do with marriage?

Non Immigrat 'O' visa.

Extension of stay.

You can get a non-imm O based on marriage to a Thai, that can lead to an annual extension of stay based on marriage if you meet the stated financial requirements or you can get a 60 day extension of stay to visit your Thai wife.

There is no marriage visa as such, but you can get a non-imm O based on being married and then an extension of stay (not a visa) based on marriage.

Visas are available at embassies or consulate outside Thailand. Extension can be had from immigrations offices in Thailand.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

Non Immigrat 'O' visa.

Extension of stay.

"Confusing" ?

What is "confusing" ?

elviajero has set the visa and extension options available to foreigners who are married to Thais

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Non Immigrat 'O' visa.

Extension of stay.

What's confusing you?

If you get married you can apply for a non immigrant visa based on that marriage and get extensions of stay to visit your wife. If you don't you can't! So the benefit of being married is that you can apply for the visa. blink.png

Edited by elviajero

"Confusing" ?

What is "confusing" ?

elviajero has set the visa and extension options available to foreigners who are married to Thais

coffee1.gif

I know but it's still confusing. Why would I need something like 'extensions'? Sounds like Thai visa are as temporarily as marriages.

"Confusing" ?

What is "confusing" ?

coffee1.gif

I know but it's still confusing. Why would I need something like 'extensions'? Sounds like Thai visa are as temporarily as marriages.

If you chose the wrong woman the marriage will indeed be temporary.

The extension of stay is only temporary.

It gives you a stay of 12 months.

"Confusing" ?

What is "confusing" ?

coffee1.gif

If you do not want an "extension" perhaps you should say exactly what you are seeking.

The options have been explained ..........................

You are not just marrying her - you are marrying an extended family. Please live with your GF for a few years first, providing an opportunity for both of you to get at least a minimal grasp on the cultural differences involved.

I absolutely adore my GF, and she me, but no plans to marry, to spite years together. We get along great - why spoil it? If/when I have another long-term visa option (over 50), that would increase the likelihood of us getting married - not the other way around.