Best 4G SmartPhone

bartpix

I get mine free so in the next cycle I have the choice of Apple 6S, Samsung S6 or Note 5.

I chose the Note 5 because of my fat chubby fingers for typing and also the readability for my failing eyesight.

The reason those three are on the shortlist is that they are pretty well the market leaders.

If it was my own money, I'd probably go for the OnePlus Two.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troll / Flaming Posts removed

Topic is about 4G fones, not penis extensions, 13 year olds, or anything else

Please stay on topic

Forum Rule - 9. Please do not respond to insults with more insults but rather use the report button to report inflammatory posts.

I'm just about to finally replace my 5 ish year old i9000. & was thinking the zenphone 2 with 4gb ram and quad core processor, at around 299 us looks a deal. Thoughts anyone?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't be fooled by the 4GB of ram because I had the zenfone 2 and had lots of lagging even on the less intensive multi- tasking. Also the screen brightness is not very good even at the highest setting and finally the battery life after a full charge was terrible! I got rid of mine after only 2 weeks and have replaced it with an iPhone 6 Plus and haven't looked back!

I was hooked on Samsung until I seen the Xperia Z3 and read reviews. Like other posters mentioned its all about what you need.

For me it was battery life and the dedicated camera button. The Z3 has been great I'm suprised its not as popular as the Samsungs. Its fast, sexy, Android**** and after a days use it still has half the battery.

Also if you need to lock your phone because of business e-mail security requirement the dedicated camera button instantly lets you take pictures without locking the phone. So you never miss that perfect shot fiddling with the phone.

But OP, you name the thread 'Best 4G Phone', and then immidiately say you can get a fully functioning 4G phone without buying flagships, and at third of the flagship prices. Of course you can.

But if you ask which the best phone on market at the moment, then it is Iphone 6S, or Sony Z5 Premium, maybe Note 5. I'd chose Sony Z5 Premium, 5.5 inch, 4K displey.

Z5 Premium costs 27.500 baht, nearly 3 times the cost of Zenphone 2, but is it 3 times better than Zephone 2? No lol. But you asked for the best!

• 1 month later...

I bought an S6 Edge about a month ago.

It has failed twice since

First time it started turning itself off and on then froze to death.

Repaired under warranty, then replaced a major component inside.

Same week the Camera failed and the <deleted> thing is back with Samsung.

They refuse to replace the phone.

Stay well clear.

Last time I ever buy anything from Samsung.

Stay well clear.

Get annoyed and threaten them with legal action Samsung have an 'escalation team' that its job is to hush all up and are equipped to change and compensate customers

I buy secondhand IPhones - I have just upgraded to a iPhone 6 after 3 years with a secondhand 4s. There was nothing wrong with it just 16gb was too small. I don't know about Apple service because I've never had to use it but I do know where the Samsung places are because my wife prefers Samsung, we go quite frequently !!

Note 3 best phone I've had. 2 years plus still going strong.

Can't see anything on the market to make me want to change.

I bought 2 hudl tablets in the sale in UK at tesco. Thing is when it goes wrong here there are no parts and if the screen breaks it's cheaper to buy a new one than repair.

Yet if I bought Samsung the parts are available everywhere .

Stay well clear.

Get annoyed and threaten them with legal action Samsung have an 'escalation team' that its job is to hush all up and are equipped to change and compensate customers

Fortune Tower in Bangkok has many official service centers for major electronic brands, Asus, Acer, and Samsung among them.

I find it telling that the often maligned Acer and the Asus service centers usually have just a few customers while the Samsung service Center on the 2nd floor usually has a line out the door, two hour waits commonplace.

I suspect that when somebody pays B25,000+++ for a Samsung phone, more than half of that goes for advertising and promotion, not quality of materials and manufacture.

Ignoring that its hugely overpriced and That its now the go to phone for pc iliterate, no comparisons .

You are just sounding very jealous mate....you can't afford one, thats ok.

But why, oh why are you having a go at people who CAN afford one? You are sounding pretty pathetic, its like saying "look at that tw#t in his Ferrari, thats not a real car!" While driving a Honda City....please explain why people are pc illiterate with an S6? I have an iPad, iMac, and a spare iPhone5....but according to you, i don't know how to use them....maybe you can teach me on your 5,000 baht phone? Tooroot

Well i know of the superiority of a Ferrari over a Honda City and the reasons for it's premium price.

Can you please explain to us what an Iphone can that a Samsung can't at half of the purchase price?

Ignoring that its hugely overpriced and That its now the go to phone for pc iliterate, no comparisons .

You are just sounding very jealous mate....you can't afford one, thats ok.

But why, oh why are you having a go at people who CAN afford one? You are sounding pretty pathetic, its like saying "look at that tw#t in his Ferrari, thats not a real car!" While driving a Honda City....please explain why people are pc illiterate with an S6? I have an iPad, iMac, and a spare iPhone5....but according to you, i don't know how to use them....maybe you can teach me on your 5,000 baht phone? Tooroot

Well i know of the superiority of a Ferrari over a Honda City and the reasons for it's premium price.

Can you please explain to us what an Iphone can that a Samsung can't at half of the purchase price?

If you read earlier, you will find that i do use a SAMSUNG S6 EDGE PLUS, but i feel, which is entirely my choice, (and no-one has the right to tell me what phone i have to buy) that i prefer iPhones. i just happen to have my old iphone 5 as well, and as you say, there isn't much difference between an S6+ and a 6S+, but it doesn't matter to me if the iPhone 6Splus is 8,000 bht more or not, if i like it that much more, i will get one.

I bought a 5,000 baht Lenovo and thought that for the money it was great. Dual SIM cards and had everything I wanted. After the first year and out of warranty, it started to get fiddly. Chinese things popping up when trying to troubleshoot it. It got worse from there. I got a LOT of satisfaction when I bounced it off the wall of my condo. I put the pieces in the trash. I now use a Galaxy S5. In most cases you get what you pay for. I bought it from a guy who bought it for his girlfriend. She wanted an iPhone so he sold it to me with the receipt and warranty for 13,500 baht. It's a great phone.

I bought a 5,000 baht Lenovo and thought that for the money it was great. Dual SIM cards and had everything I wanted. After the first year and out of warranty, it started to get fiddly. Chinese things popping up when trying to troubleshoot it. It got worse from there. I got a LOT of satisfaction when I bounced it off the wall of my condo. I put the pieces in the trash. I now use a Galaxy S5. In most cases you get what you pay for. I bought it from a guy who bought it for his girlfriend. She wanted an iPhone so he sold it to me with the receipt and warranty for 13,500 baht. It's a great phone.

I have a Lenovo as well. No Chinese popping up on mine.. I have the K910L.. 5,700b in a sale at mobile expo.. Great phone for the money!

I have a Lenovo as well. No Chinese popping up on mine.. I have the K910L.. 5,700b in a sale at mobile expo.. Great phone for the money!

The problem with Lenovo phones is that many of the Lenovo phone models being sold online or through unofficial importers (Grey Market) are models designed for the Chinese market only....such as my A936. These phones have problems with Chinese background apps because they originally had a Chinese Rom installed, later rooted and flashed to an English ROM by the importer.

All Lenovo phones sold in Thailand starting with "K" like the "K3" and soon to be released "K4" are legitimate imports as are the "Vibe" series.

If you are considering buying any Lenovo phone starting with an "A", "P" or "S", I'd suggest you check the official Lenovo website:www.lenovo.com and click "Smartphones" You will find a list of available Lenovo models. If the model you are looking at is not on that list, then it is either a model intended only for the domestic Chinese market or possibly a copy. There are many Lenovo copies listed on AliExpress.

People buying 4G phones online need to be careful as many Chinese models have a different 4G standard that is of limited use outside of China.

I have a Chinese phone, a Ulefone Be Pro, it is excellent they are not loaded with bloat ware,just a stock standard phone in fact I even had to download Google chrome.

It is not everyone's cup of tea buying Chinese smart phones but at the price of 5000 baht they are excellent phones, use for a year and then buy an upgraded model, I have had mine for nearly a year and already have my eye on 3 or 4 phones I want to buy, all Chinese by the way, and I would never spend 20 to 30,000 baht on a phone.

For my business at home I buy at least 50 phones a year I used to let the members of staff pick If they wanted Samsung or Apple.And we got roughly 50/50 split.But we had more problems with Samsung so now we are all Apple we still have problems.But quite a few less.And it works better Apple to Apple like face time and mail.We had 1 phone dropped on motorway and run over till it was flat Apple replaced it for £229.

For my business at home I buy at least 50 phones a year I used to let the members of staff pick If they wanted Samsung or Apple.And we got roughly 50/50 split.But we had more problems with Samsung so now we are all Apple we still have problems.But quite a few less.And it works better Apple to Apple like face time and mail.We had 1 phone dropped on motorway and run over till it was flat Apple replaced it for £229.

That's really interesting information as the Samsung-vs-Apple quality debate has been a frequent topic on many tech forums.

Do you know how wide the margin was between Samsung/Apple repair frequency? What was the most frequent problem?

We had a lot of screen and battery faults and user problem with Samsung.But with Apple the faults would usually be user dropping and braking the screen.Samsung do seem to bounce better.In the end it was simpler to have one phone and iam an apple person so that's the way we went.6s seems to be a bit more battery hungry than the 6 as some staff can't get though the day without charging.Next time I go home I'll look at the records and give more details.