Migrant rights group say four Burmese wrongfully accused of murder in Ranong

webfact

Migrant rights group say four Burmese wrongfully accused of murder in Ranong

Burmese-accused-of-murder.jpg

RANONG: -- After the arrest of four Burmese migrant workers last month Htoo Chit, the Director of the Foundation for Education Development and member of the Burmese Embassy-led Protecting Committee for Burmese Migrants Staying in Thailand has said that the police do not have enough evidence to bring the case to court.

Wai Lin, Moe Zin Aung, Kyaw Soe Win and Sein Kadone were all arrested in connection with the stabbing of a 19 year old Thai woman in Rangong on September the 28th.

The four standing accused of the murder all work in the Thai fisheries industry. Their employer says that all four of the men were at work during the time of the murder and has provided CCTV footage to the law enforcement authorities as additional evidence in the case.

Htoo Chit said that his team has decided to represent the four migrant workers because they have been “wrongfully accused”. He also believes that the four men were forced to take part in a crime scene re-enactment against their will and that the men are in no way linked to the brutal murder.

As well as his grave concern for the four standing accused of this crime Htoo Chit and his organization have been involved with the case against Zaw Lin and Wei Phyo who were accused of murdering backpackers David Miller and Hannah Witheridge in Koh Tao last September.

The two were incarcerated last October and remain in the Koh Samui Provincial Prison, a verdict is expected to be announced on December 24th.

Both men continue to protest their innocence and maintain they had no desire or motivation to commit such a crime in Thailand or anywhere else for that matter. Neither of the accused has any previous criminal history and say they were working in Thailand to provide money for their families.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-11-19

"............the police do not have enough evidence to bring the case to court."

History seems to show that evidence and due process do not sit well with "Thainess" - all that's necessary for a conviction in Thailand appears to be a successful "re-enactment" and, perhaps, a suspiciously obtained admission of guilt....................

"Their employer says that all four of the men were at work during the time of the murder and has provided CCTV footage to the law enforcement authorities as additional evidence in the case."

Evidence?

Who needs evidence when you have presumption and prejudice?

well they did allow the son of a certain local official to present video evidence that he wasnt on an island at the time of a murder, maybe they only accept this sort of thing from thai suspects or close associates familiesblink.png

well they did allow the son of a certain local official to present video evidence that he wasnt on an island at the time of a murder, maybe they only accept this sort of thing from thai suspects or close associates familiesblink.png

Yes but maybe the video recordings are in black and white and the talking is not in Thai, and there is not a R in the Month name too.

business as usual. nice of the cops to supply the burmese with helmets and vests to "protect" them during the bogus reenactment. adds a nice dramatic flair.

What's your take on the "bullet-proof" vests?

Matching crash helmets for Burmese murder suspects have been de rigueur since before the Koh Tao fiasco.

Gives the impression the RTP are a caring group of guys.

Cant teach an old dog new tricks comes to mind. Hard to break the old habit of finding the first scapegoat to avoid doing a proper investigation and finding out that a member of an influencial family was the actual killer.

Makes you wonder just how many innocent people have been stitched up in the land of escapedgoats.

business as usual. nice of the cops to supply the burmese with helmets and vests to "protect" them during the bogus reenactment. adds a nice dramatic flair.

Matching crash helmets for Burmese murder suspects have been de rigueur since before the Koh Tao fiasco.

I believe the vests are just a refinement, or an addition to the make believe, to give the farce more impact.

Cant teach an old dog new tricks comes to mind. Hard to break the old habit of finding the first scapegoat to avoid doing a proper investigation and finding out that a member of an influencial family was the actual killer.

Makes you wonder just how many innocent people have been stitched up in the land of escapedgoats.I

In years past, I thought that the arrests of Burmese migrants in many heinous crimes cast a very bad light upon that group. Since the KT debacle, I now see the real picture, and it's not pretty.

Poor guys, evidence they have been at work at the time of the murders, but they will still be locked up for the next couple of years before their trial starts. They should be able claim compensation if they are found to have been wrongfully arrested and it should be paid by the police who framed them. Sorry I was dreaming. sad.png

"Their employer says that all four of the men were at work during the time of the murder and has provided CCTV footage to the law enforcement authorities as additional evidence in the case."

Evidence?

Who needs evidence when you have presumption and prejudice?

Seems they don't need evidence all they need is Burmese workers as thais dont do these things.wai2.gif

Cctv footage showing them at work at the time.

RTP better get rid of that quick. Or like they did in koh tao, just dont present any evidence.

Maybe the RTP will find a problem with the date stamp on the video. Nah, way too far fetched.

Please stop putting idea's into their brain dead heads.............cheesy.gif

One hopes that this group is successful , It will be interesting to see in the good judgement to be handed down on the day before Xmas in the back packer case, considering a senior RTP said in the first week that DNA suggest it wasn't an Asian ....................coffee1.gif

Makes you wonder just how many innocent people have been stitched up in the land of escapedgoats.I

In years past, I thought that the arrests of Burmese migrants in many heinous crimes cast a very bad light upon that group. Since the KT debacle, I now see the real picture, and it's not pretty.

With the back packer UK girl that got murdered in Chiang Mai about 15 yrs back, her parents ended up getting a former Scotland yard detective out with the help of the BBC , they ended up arresting the Thai owner of the Pack Packer hostel , letting a Sydney guy go who had been arrested and in retaliation they band the BBC out of Thailand and they have only just been allowed to return in recent years ., now that speaks heaps on the talent that Thailand calls their police force.

With the back packer UK girl that got murdered in Chiang Mai about 15 yrs back, her parents ended up getting a former Scotland yard detective out with the help of the BBC , they ended up arresting the Thai owner of the Pack Packer hostel , letting a Sydney guy go who had been arrested and in retaliation they band the BBC out of Thailand and they have only just been allowed to return in recent years ., now that speaks heaps on the talent that Thailand calls their police force.

A NZ guy got shot dead on his bike at beach rd 2 pattaya a few years back and it was only after the intervention of his parents in the case that the GF got arrested for planning his murder using her thai boyfriend and his mate. She would have walked otherwise.

I can understand the grief the parents of the uk 2 that got murdered but I can't understand why they have not woken up that the B2 are scapegoats.

Hmmmm...what does that remind me off? Hmmmmm...can't quiet put my finger on it? Murder....Burmese...evidence....no, I can't really remember!

coffee1.gif

On a serious note: I hope, there will be an Andy Hall somewhere for them!

Whilst they may not be guilty of murder, they are clearly guilty of possesing "war weapons", as defined by Thailand! Just ask a certain Japanese reporter.