Single Entry TV still available to non-residents in SEA countries

Is the single entry tourist visa ( 60 days + 30 day extension at immigration ) still able to be acquired from countries that neighbor Thailand, such a Laos ( Vientiane, Savanaket ) or Malaysia ( Peneng )?

I know the METV ( 6 month multi entry ) has rules which it is only able to be obtained in your home country - you can't go to a neighboring SEA country to get one unless you are a resident of that country.

Going to Vientaine to obtain a new single entry Tr,do i need to show flight tickets out of thailand? Or just apllication,photo and 1000 thb?

When I went with a visa agency to get a double entry a few months ago all i needed was the cash and my passport. I'm not sure if doing it on your own is different.

Going to Vientaine to obtain a new single entry Tr,do i need to show flight tickets out of thailand? Or just apllication,photo and 1000 thb?

When I went with a visa agency to get a double entry a few months ago all i needed was the cash and my passport. I'm not sure if doing it on your own is different.

Also required were copies of your passport and Laos visa, photographs and a completed application form !

Cash and a passport will not by themselves secure a visa ...................................

I was at the Savannakhet consulate on Monday, November 16.

No more double entries available. I asked to make sure.

The rest is still the same:

Visa form, two photos, copy of the personals page, 1000 Baht and on the next day you'll get the visa.

Additional information:

A Japanese gentleman before me, who had three triple entry tourist visas in a row before, was refused the visa, because he could not produce a bank statement.