Change of ownership - bike inspection

darkian

I went to have a bike I bought (old Honda NSR) changed into my name at the Bang Chak DLT. They said the paperwork is all ok, book is fine, but they want the bike in for inspection. This would be fine, except already it has the carbs off and in pieces, needs a new front wheel bearing before being safe to ride, has the fairing and lights off (and they're about to go in the bin anyway)...

Are they testing for roadworthiness, or just numbers (which do match the book)? If I stick the bike in the truck and take it there will they be ok with that, or do they want to check lights work or, god forbid, emissions?

Or is it just another case of what I need to do being dependent on which member of staff is working at the DLT on a given day?

Any advice appreciated!

A local bike shop owner told me they will want to check that it's roadworthy. Searching online brings me a load of confusion, people talking about the inspection you do annually for the tax (the one done elsewhere, not at the DLT).

I'm thinking I'll just have to put it all back together and try to ride it down there...

If I have issues with the book then it'll be a track bike - if I can sort the book I'll have it as a road bike. So I need to be sure now so that I know which direction the project's going in!

I'm just looking at using an agent instead. Happy to pay a couple of thousand baht if it saves me a day's time...

Numbers inspection for transfer,

roadworthy/pollution/noise insp for registration/road-tax.

Agent is smart way.

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping. Tax was done a month ago, I just need to change the name. I put the carbs back on but it won't run for more than a few seconds, so I may well just throw it in the truck. If they ask I'll say I removed the fairing so they could see the engine number.