Mabprachan area:bars and hotels

thecyclist

Here is a couple of accommodation choices on the lake. Eastshore is nice very open bar area & nice pool. Rooms are good & place is usually spotlessly clean Have a mate staying there at the moment with his missus & daughter & they enjoy it. It would probably be my pick of the gaffs around there.

Laylas place just 200 m away. Not seen the rooms there but restaurant does good food.

Plenty of eating & drinking establishments around . Bar hours are pretty much customer driven. Have been in them at 0400 hrs ( Rugby world cup ) and they will be ready to close by 10 as no customers.

http://www.eastshorepattaya.com

http://www.laylas-place.com

Thanks for your suggestions,but after taking a look at them and at Agoda,I have to say you get much better deals in pattaya proper.

I know the area well,as I bike around there a lot.with the approaching high season, I thought it would make for a nice change staying at the lake instead of downtown,which is over in with tourists right now.

But looks like even mabprachan has a high season.

Anywhere else on the dark side with cheap hotels and a bit of Farang bar scene anyone could recommend

Thanks for your suggestions,but after taking a look at them and at Agoda,I have to say you get much better deals in pattaya proper.

I know the area well,as I bike around there a lot.with the approaching high season, I thought it would make for a nice change staying at the lake instead of downtown,which is over in with tourists right now.

But looks like even mabprachan has a high season.

Anywhere else on the dark side with cheap hotels and a bit of Farang bar scene anyone could recommend

What about the rendezvous AKA the pondersosa ( Ithink., not 100% sure)

Rooms per night used to be around 800Baht

In the current state of financial affairs in Pattaya I cannoi think that they would be so silly as to increase prices, from what I see around the Pattata area these days there isnt any high season anymore just a permammently quiet one!

Most bars stay open until the last person leaves - it's not uncommon for the shutters to go down and people to continue drinking until the sun rises. Typically though you need to be in before midnight as driving past you would not know they are open... which is the idea to keep the police at bay with their grasping ways.

For accommodation - there is not a lot of accommodation but there is no point comparing the prices with Pattaya where you have 1000 + hotels competing for the cheap charlie tourist dime.

As mentioned already - Ponderosa, Layla's are ok. Shananigans are about 800 a night. Magnolias resort you can get on bookings.com for 1000 a night. Siam country resort about the same with a nice pool area. Cycling around you would have seen most of them so stop and ask.

Try Lucky Time Bar on Nern Pub Wan (Soi 53). I know the boss lady has 14 rooms but they were booking fast. Coming from the railway bypass road eastbound, run past Mini Big C, Pizza Co., PT gas station, Pizza Hut and about 100 metres on the right is the bar. It's pretty obviously a bar, sticking out because of its western look and the upright sign in the moto parking pad.