Caught by the new Tourist Visa rules

I am not the only person living in los with a rented pad etc and traveling every other week. So can I live in los by leaving every few weeks to to Vietnam. Stay there for week or so and do it ad infinitum. Thaivisa seems to have very mixed messages.

There is no mixed message. What ubonjoe said above is correct, if you travel often visa exempt expect to be given a secondary interview. As long you can prove you do not work and have the required funds (bt 20,000 cash), you cannot be arbitrarily denied, however you will be given a lecture about getting a visa. As ubonjoy said, that is what the tell anyone.

Ubonjoe is 1000 percent correct (and IMHO a great asset to this forum)

I have more than 40 exempt stamps in my current

passport due to being an offshore worker.I spoke in length to an immigration inspector end if last month on the way out in BKK

Yes ,they get an alert after 6 exempt entries but only to then establish whether you are using the visa exempt status to stay long term in Thailand.

If like me you enter Thailand stay a couple of weeks fly out for a month and then enter and do the same again over and over it's not a problem .

They will only refuse you if you are doing multiple back to back in/out and staying a full 30 days each time (in other words using the visa exempt facility to stay permanently in Thailand)

All i can say is your lucky

As i would have the same - maybe been 3yrs since had marriage visa & come every mth for 7 days on visa exempt (back to back) through Swampy but got nabbed for the more then 6 times in a year

She told me Visa next time or no entry (even wrote a little note in passport ) - now have new one + single entry 3mth Marriage visa

Is it 6 times per year as you say? - or is it 6 times on lifetime of the passport?

I had assumed that the 6 was a count on the total exempt entries in the passport rather than 6 as an amount over a yearly time period.

I am not the only person living in los with a rented pad etc and traveling every other week. So can I live in los by leaving every few weeks to to Vietnam. Stay there for week or so and do it ad infinitum. Thaivisa seems to have very mixed messages.

There is no mixed message. What ubonjoe said above is correct, if you travel often visa exempt expect to be given a secondary interview. As long you can prove you do not work and have the required funds (bt 20,000 cash), you cannot be arbitrarily denied, however you will be given a lecture about getting a visa. As ubonjoy said, that is what the tell anyone.

Its really nice that you feel that Ubonjoe has become an UbonJoy.

Edited by spambot
  • Like 1