Worse Case Scenario

Say I cannot get the 1 year marriage extension based on 40K income

Can I :

1) still get a 1 year non-imm Multiple Entry based on Marriage ?? Where? Close or need to go back home to get every year?

2) Get continuous back to back Single Entry "non imm o based on marriage" in Malaysia or somewhere close?

3) Get continuous back to back tourist visas in Malaysia or somewhere close?

Thanks, this is driving me nuts

nam

Frankly, Mr/Mrs/Miss Nam ... If you're married to a Thai and you and your spouse together can't make those 40,000 Baht, required for a 1-year extension ... well, IMHO, you should add a few more options to the three you've listed ... I'd suggest you think in the direction of: "How and where can me and my wife make a decent income?" --- Rather than focussing on how to stay in Thailand without provable income.

Cyber,

Money is not the problem, I make enough trading stocks to live quite well there. 3% a year

i could live very good, 6% would be unhealthy for me, 4% is just about right.

The problem is i am way too young for a pension and i dont want to go back to a crappy day job :o

I need to work ~10 mins a day trading, its fun and no bosses, kiss asses or politics.

But i doubt immigration will take my job as a trader as income as the want to see a pension

etc. especially if they are trying to thin out the herd.

I could fly out to KL every 3 months for a single entry marriage visa i guess.

Back to my original question please, can anyone help?

Thanks

nam

PS is there any pay4play in Penang or KL ?

Nam Kao,

I just read your post, and the reply by Cyberstar. I noticed that he/she/it also replied to one of my posts. He/she/it has nothing "worthwhile" to say... in fact, it is almost condescending. I bet he says stuff like that behind the cover of internet-anonimity, but wouldn't say that to anyone's face. Moving along....

I believe that what I have read from other posts, it appears that you need to provide evidence to Thai immigration that you earn at least 40K baht per month.

This evidence is obtained at the embassy of your home country (wherever that might be). Go to the embassy, and complete an affidavit that you make such and such every month. They may require proof, or from what I have read about the US embassy, only your "word".

I still don't quite understand how the Thai gov't will yield any tax, or any other benefit, from one earning monies from overseas.

P.S. If you have the funds, employ your wife... pay her 40K per month to be a "homemaker".

Thanks Gumball for 2 good ideas.

Employing my wife is an excellent idea, will it work?? How would i go about doing that to show

immigration she works for me? or should she just say she works and makes 40K? How close

would they look?

And yes the declaration is worth a try as i wouldnt really be lying as i make $1,000 a month

easily. I would be getting this from the US embassy if that makes a difference. Not sure if

they are easier. But would immigration ask for proof too along with the declaration?

This is driving me nuts, i had this whole thing worked out.. :o

thanks

nam

Can I respectfully suggest you contact the Sponsor Sunbelt Asia.

I know their rates are good and they will have the answer for a modest fee.

As an example I was quoted a very large amount of money to do a WP Transfer, and Sunbelt a figure that was 1/5 of that. So I know where my business is going.

Thanks Gumball for 2 good ideas.

Employing my wife is an excellent idea, will it work?? How would i go about doing that to show

immigration she works for me? or should she just say she works and makes 40K? How close

would they look?

And yes the declaration is worth a try as i wouldnt really be lying as i make $1,000 a month

easily. I would be getting this from the US embassy if that makes a difference. Not sure if

they are easier. But would immigration ask for proof too along with the declaration?

This is driving me nuts, i had this whole thing worked out.. :o

thanks

nam

I don't think that Thai immigration is going to be looking at your "E-trade" statements. I think the US embassy will have to do that, if at all. Like I said earlier, I think they will accept your word on it.

As for employing your wife, that was just a pondering of mine. As US citizens, we are able to set up 100% US-owned companies. You can set one up, employ a Thai (ie. your wife) to provide you with whatever services you want. Sort of like a personal assistant. She can cook for you, help you pick out a suit and tie, provide you with invaluable feedback on the political crisis in Thailand for your soon-to-be-published book, etc. Just make sure you pay a salary, and that she pays Thai income taxes.

The multi entry visa is most likely not available from local Consulates, definetly out from Penang.

As said the money can be income and that is between you and your Embassy but be aware that immigration could ask to see the supporting paperwork according to there regulations (although do not believe they have done so for any up to now). As long as you are filing US tax forms on your earnings do not believe you will have any problem as that can be used as proof.

Wife income I suspect would be very carefully checked.

Thanks Lopburi, i appreciate

Yes i got an email back from a good visa service in Penang saying no Multi entry visas but he

heard from a good source they will start issuing them again in 6 months.

I guess i will try for the declaration, if a no go i will just fly out to somewhere close for a

single entry multi (marriage) visa every 3 months. I am assuming there is no limit on

these and i could do this perpetually. I guess ~20,000bt for the whole trip?

As far as flying out whats the best place to go to? KL? Penang? Any nightlife/girl bars?

take care

nam